SUSU Legal Clinic offers legal help to the public in the following forms:
Consultations and explanations, verbal and written notes about legal questions;
Creation of claims, complaints, and different documents of legal character;
Representation of the interests of citizens (with deed of trust) in court and in different institutions;
Other services of legal character which match the goals and tasks of the clinic.
Within the clinic all conditions are founded for students for:
- Study and use of materials of practical work of courts and other organs of law enforcement;
- Acquaintance with problematic issues in theory and practice;
- A deeper study of the normative and legal bases of various sectors of law;
- Study of decisions made by the European Court about individual rights;
- A creative approach to the settlement of legal disputes, scientific search for solutions to problems which appear;
- Practical training.
Students of the SUSU Institute of Law consult citizens for free and also offer help with the creation of documents for issues of legal character under the guidance of professors and practicing lawyers as part of federal law №324-FЗ от 21.11.2011 “About free judicial help in the Russian Federation.”
Consultants of the SUSU Legal Clinic participate in many Russian and regional events. It is traditional for student consultants of the Legal Clinic to participate in the Russian Day of Legal Help for Children. In this event, student consultants conduct class hours in schools of the city of Chelyabinsk and Chelyabinsk region for students of the older classes on the topic of “Human rights in the eyes of children.”