050100.62 Pedagogy (Bachelor’s)
Length of study: 4 years (full-time), 5 years (part time)
050100.68 Pegagogical Education
Qualifications: master of pedagogy
Academic program realization: executed by highly qualified staff: 3 doctors of science, 8 candidates of science, 5 professors, 1 Honored Science Worker of the Russian Federation, 1 Honored Coach of the Russian Federation
The goal of this academic program is to train competitive, highly qualified workers for educational, cultural, and social organizations. Graduates of this department work in various regions of Russia in educational institutions: childrens’ and youth sport schools, health clubs and sport clus, fitness and wellness centers, centers for olympic training, social rehabilitation centers, other third-party organizations with the necessary staff and technical potential, or within their own business.
The program provides three kinds of practical training (academic, industrial, pre-diploma). While studying at the university, students have a chance to complete a practicum at the Chelyabinsk regional Educational Centers for Olympic Training in judo, track and field, orientation, olympic weightlifting, or hockey, SUSU Physical Culture and Sport Club, SUSU Educational Sport Complex, Chelyabinsk Technicum of Trade and Craftwork, schools and gymnasiums of Chelyabinsk and the region, and in social rehabilitation centers.
During the academic program, students receive knowledge in humanitarian, social, and economic disciplines (foreign language, economics, basics of social government, history, philosophy, law); mathematics and natural sciences (computer science, basics of mathematical data processing, natural science worldview, mathematics, information science, technical and software means of realizing informational processes); professional disciplines (health and safety, pedagogy and psychology, basics of medical knowledge and healthy lifestyle, educational economics, pedagogical techniques, pedagogical valeology, methodological basics of teaching a healthy lifestyle, health-saving techniques in the educational process, sociology of teaching and education, psychology of physical culture, theory and methodology of metrology, biomechanics of movement, age-specific features of physical education, basics of scientific work, basics of pedagogical mastery and development of professional skills, means and systems of making children and teens healthy, practicum in solving professional issues, physical culture in educational institutions, family pedagogy, modern means of measuring academic results).
In the department there are yearly scientific and practical conferences and exhibitions of student work.
The department works with the international academy Total Welnes in Israel. The efficacy of these techniques is verified by research in the Center of Quick Assessment of Human Condition. The joint center includes a poligon for reearching the reserves of the human body and its suitability and ability to execute professional task. Students of the department actively participate in research.
The departmental teaching staff has published more than 300 academic and methodological texts including texts which have been published by central publishers and are recommended by the Russian Ministry of Education and Science or the Academic and Methodological Association of Universities in Education in Physical Culture and Sport.
The goal of the program is to develop the personality traits of students and form general cultural and professional skills (scientific, social and personal, instrumental) in the academic area 050100, Education in Physical Culture. In forming the master’s program, its special characteristics are taken into account in training graduates in pedagogical, managerial, design, and methodological work in pedagogy.
Professional training the main goals of the master’s program are:
- Organization of educational and training processes using techniques which are appropriate to the older schoolchild age group and reflect the topic of study;
- Analysis, systematization and generalization of the results of scientific research in education using a set of research methods when solving specific research issues;
- Design, organization, realization, and assessment of the results of research work in education using modern scientific methods and also informational and innovative techniques;
- research, design, organization, and assessment of the execution of managerial tasks using innovative management techniques which are appropriate to general and specific rules of developing managerial systems;
- development of educational programs and individual educational paths;
- using given capabilities of educational and social spaces and designing new spaces, including digital spaces, to develop methodological support for pedagogues’ work;
- study and formation of cultural requirements and increase of the cultural and educational area of various population groups, and the development of strategies for educational work;
- formation and realization of educational programs to popularize scientific knowledge and cultural traditions;