Research educational center
“Composite materials and constructions”
The research educational center “Composite materials and constructions” of FSSFEI HPE “SUSU” was established in accordance with the Program of National Research University Development “Energy and resource efficient technology” in October 2011.
The research educational center “Composite materials and constructions” is a part of the innovative educational and engineering structure, the main activities of which are educational services and development by the order of a real sector of economy enterprises of original technologies or constructions made of composite materials on the basis of the available at the University modern technological and test base, as well as development of practice oriented research potential in the field of composite materials.
The REC objectives:
- Development of a world-class laboratory in order to conduct research and development work in the field of composite materials and constructions production technology.
- Carrying out innovative projects for companies in Russia and near-abroad countries on industrial design, structural engineering and technology of their production from composite materials.
- Train specialists who are competitive in the world labour market and who have theoretical knowledge and practical skills (including a self-education skill) essential for production of new knowledge, goods and services in the field of composite materials and constructions technology.
The structure of REC “Composite materials and constructions”:
- Engineering department
- Test and technological laboratory
- Research laboratory
Research educational center “Composite materials and constructions”, office 236, 76, training and laboratory building, Lenin ave., Chelyabinsk, 454080, tel./fax: +7 (351) 267-90-19, 272-30-32, e-mail: shirokovab[at]susu[dot]ru.
Director of the Center: Shirokov Aleksandr Bezhanovich, tel.: 267-90-19.
Deputy Director: Taran Sergey Mikhailovich, tel.: 267-90-19.
Leading Process Engineer: Kheruvimov Aleksandr Viacheslavovich, tel.: 267-95-94.
Description of the major projects carried out in the REC "Composite Materials and Construction"**
- Development of shock-resistant composite materials and constructions for amphibious armored car:
Major publications in English-speaking rating scientific publications:
- Sapozhnikov S.B. and Cheremnykh S.I. The strength of fibre reinforced polymer under a complex loading // Journal of Composite Materials, 47(20–21) 2013, pp. 2525–2552.
- Sapozhnikov S.B., Ignatova A.V. Experimental and theoretical investigation of deformation and fracture of subcutaneous fat under compression. //Mechanics of Composite Materials: Volume 48, Issue 6 (2013), p. 649-654.
- Levinsky A.A., Sapozhnikov S.B., Grass T.S. Development of knife- and bullet-impact-resistant composite structures // Mechanics of Composite Materials: Volume 48, Issue 4 (2012), p. 405-414.
- Sapozhnikov S., Forental G. Numerical-experimental estimation of the mechanical properties of an epoxy nanocomposite // Mechanics of Composite Materials: Vol. 47, №5 (2011), P.521-528.
- Sapozhnikov S.B., Cheremnykh S.I., Maslakova A.G. Prediction of deformation and biaxial strength of fiber reinforced laminates for WWFE by using micro damage mechanics. Proc. of 13th European Conference of Composite Materials (ECCM-13), Stockholm, Sweden, June 2-5, 2008.
- Design of fiberglass elements of the exterior of the dozer ‘ДЭТ - 400М’
- LLC ‘Urla-Polimer’, Chelyabinsk
3. Design of fiberglass elements of the exterior and the interior from polymer materials of the cabin of the appliance crew for fire-fighting trucks on KAMAZ chassis
Customer: LLC ‘Urla-Polimer’, Chelyabinsk
- Optimization of the construction of the framework of the body of a tram carriage 71-911
- LLC ‘PC Transportation Systems’, Moscow
- Development of the elements of the exterior of the cabin of ЭС2Г ‘Martin’ Electric Train from polymeric composite materials manufacturing technology
- LLC ‘Ural Locomotives’
- Development of manufacturing technology of torsion bar housing of rotor of the helicopter ‘ANSAT’ with RTM method
- JSC ‘Helicopters of Russia’, Moscow
- Design engineering of the cabin's interior elements, the tail and the compartment of the tram carriage 71-407 from polymer materials
- OJSC ‘Ural Plant of Transport Machine Building’ (OJSC ‘Uraltransmach’), Yekaterinburg
- Research and development work on the development and production of the pilot model of a tram car 71-409М
- : OJSC ‘Ural Plant of Transport Machine Building’ (OJSC ‘Uraltransmach’), Yekaterinburg
- Development of exterior and interior elements from polymer materials of a half-low floor medium-sized bus
- LLC ‘D.V.S.eco’, Moscow
- Development of the case structure 60/61 – Э3480 СБ from polymer composite materials
- : JSC SDB ‘Turbina’, Chelyabinsk
- Optimization of the construction of a tram car truck 71-409’
Customer: OJSC ‘Ural Plant of Transport Machine Building’ (OJSC ‘Uraltransmach’), Yekaterinburg
- Construction development of floats and units from polymer composite materials
- : OJSC ‘Miass Machine Building Plant’, Miass
- Development of a detail “Apparatus casing” of ТЗ class from composite materials
- : LLC ‘Ural Railcar-Building Design Office’ (LLC UKBV), Nizhny Tagil
- Development of high-quality production of a model range of innovative modular structure energy-saving tram cars for development of municipal transport systems
Customer: OJSC ‘Ural Plant of Transport Machine Building’ (OJSC Uraltransmach’), Yekaterinburg
- Optimization of the tram car body frame 71-411
- : LLC ‘ATOM Engineering’, Moscow
All work on projects is performed under the guidance of the following research supervisors:
- Avdin Viacheslav Vikotorovich, Dr.Sc. (Engineering), professor, dean of the Faculty of Chemistry, director of the Research Educational Center “Nanotechnology”;
- Astashkin Vladimir Mikhailovich, Dr.Sc. (Engineering), Honored Inventor of the Russian Federation, professor at the Department of Building Structures and Engineering Constructions, Faculty of Architecture and Construction of SUSU.
- Sapozhnikov Sergey Borisovich, Dr.Sc. (Engineering), professor, research supervisor of the REC “Composite Materials and Constructions”; member of the Board for doctoral thesis defense at SUSU, director of the Research Educational Center “Nanotechnology”, professor at the Department of Applied Mechanics, Dynamics and Strength of Machines) member of the European Society for Composite Materials; member of the American Society of Mechanical Engineers; member of the Nanotechnological Society of Russia; member of the editorial board of the journal “PNRPU Mechanics Bulletin” (the journal is included in the Scopus system); member of the editorial board of the journal “Bulletin of South Ural State University”, series: Mathematics, Mechanics, Physics”; executive editor of the journal “Bulletin of South Ural State University”, series: Mechanical Engineering”, stipend holder of George Soros Fund
The REC “Composite materials and constructions” cooperates with the Institute of Polymer Mechanics of the University of Latvia, Riga