South Ural State University
Office 309/1b, Main University Building
76, Prospect Lenina
Tel.: +7 351 267-90-41
Head of the laboratory
World-class Laboratory of Physical Research is a part of innovative educational and scientific university structure. And its aim is to provide education and fundamental research using the modern equipment.
Aims and objectives
- To provide research of optical properties of materials;
- To provide research of dielectric and conducting properties in a wide frequence and temperature range;
- To provide research of surface undulation of materials;
- To provide research of mechanical properties and phase change in condensed mediums;
- To provide research of material properties using laser methods;
- To provide research of objects with the help of optic and probe microscopy, including the use of polarized light and fluorescence;
- To provide spectroscopic research of materials with high resolution in ultraviolet and spectral range;
- To provide research of optical properties of thin films and their surfaces.
Basic Groups of Engineering Services
- Optic and probe microscopy of biological, metallographic or other objects;
- Quality control of optic systems and laser technological systems.
- Laboratory of interferometry;
- Laboratory of modern materials;
- Laboratory of optical nanoscopy;
- Laboratory of photonics and optoinformatics;
- Laboratory of microscopy and ellipsometry;
- Laboratory of spectroscopy.
- Laser sources, femtosecond Ti-Sa laser, impulse laser with Nd-YAG Q-modulation, He-Cd lasers, continuous Nd-YAG lasers with double harmonics, lasing wavelength tuned He-Ne lasers, semiconductor lasers with various wavelength;
- Laser frequency conversion system;
- Control and measurement system for laser ultrashort pulse characteristics;
- Set of optical and optomechanic equipment for work with laser irradiance;
- Control system for lithographic process;
- Set of optic equipment for analysis of material properties using laser methods;
- Set of equipment for analysis of mechanical properties and phase transitions in the condensed mediums;
- Set of equipment for surface undulation measurement of the materials;
- Set of equipment for microscopic object analysis using the polarized light and fluorescence;
- Set of equipment for analysis of thin films properties and surfaces.
Research and Development Works
- Development and testing realization of the new optical microscopy method, which allows to examine objects sixfold smaller than usual ones with the use of common optical microscope;
- The effect of a spin-orbital coupling display of a photon in a free space was predicted and has been found experimentally. A new polarimetry has been introduced for this effect analysis;
- Methods of microscopy and nanoscopy have been developed;
- Development of microstereolithography methods;
- Development of material micropatterning method with the help of laser ultrashort pulse.