South Ural State University
Office 245, University Building № 2
85, Prospect Lenina
Tel.: +7 351 267 93 80, + 7 950 725 97 50
Head of the Laboratory
Shirish H Sonawane
Deputy Head of the Laboratory
The Laboratory of Synthesis and Analysis of Food Ingredients (School of Medical Biology) was established in 2016 under Project 5-100. The main focus of the laboratory is to develop new approaches to the synthesis of biopolymers in the food industry under ultrasound exposure. The research team includes PhD students, Master’s students, and other scientists interested in the development of biocomposites from plant-based raw materials.
The main research activities of the laboratory include the following:
- ultrasound-assisted extraction of bioactive compounds;
- modification of bioactive compounds;
- development of methods for extraction and hardening of biocomposites
- Research on molecular mechanisms of adaptogenic activity of Sambucus ebulus and Lonicera caerulea L (project conducted in collaboration with the Medical University of Varna). The results have been published in five research papers.
- Development of nanocontainers for the delivery of bioactive compounds with the use of sonochemistry (project conducted in collaboration with Prof Parag Gogate from the Institute of Chemical Technology, Mumbai; Prof Erico M.M.Flores from the Federal University of Santa Maria, Santa Maria; Prof Juwai Cui from Shandong University). The results were published in two research papers (WoS TOP-10 and Scopus) in 2018.
- In 2018, the research team received government funding for Russian-Indian research on ultrasound-assisted encapsulation of bioactive compounds for the food matrix (bioaccessibility and control of physical and chemical food properties).