South Ural State University
Office 913, University Building 3A
87, Prospect Lenina
Tel.: + 7 351 267 93 55
Acting Director of the Centre
The Information Security Research and Education Centre was established in 2017 as a part of the School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science at South Ural State University. The unit coordinates and supports academic and research collaboration between the University and Kaspersky Lab, a multinational cybersecurity and anti-virus provider. The Information Security Centre also functions as a teaching space for training students in information security and conducting student projects. The partnership enables South Ural State University to make a significant contribution to ensuring the national security of the Russian Federation.
What we do
- provide project-based learning for bachelor’s and master’s degree programs;
- provide cybersecurity assessment for the region’s industrial organisations;
- conduct multidisciplinary research on information technology in automation engineering
The Information Security Technologies and Data Protection Laboratory, the teaching and learning space of the research and education centre, features 25 computers with the essential software.
- cyber-security of connected and autonomous vehicles;
- information security for automation engineering (multiple independent levels of security systems).
The Information Security Research and Education Centre collaborates with the Federal Service for Technical and Export Control and regional defence organisations in the area of information security and infocommunications for the defence industry and other industrial sectors. Currently, the research and education centre is involved in the research on digital infrastructure protection for connected and autonomous vehicles.