South Ural State University
60, Soni Krivoy
Tel.: + 7 351 267 96 81
Head of the Project
The musculoskeletal system is a vital part of the human body responsible for the postural balance and movement. It is often negatively affected by intense activities that lead to its various abnormalities. The foot condition has a significant effect on muscles elasticity and viscosity. Food disorders negatively impact the primary functions of the musculoskeletal system and can further have a detrimental effect on the spine. The university research team aims to develop a system for foot diagnosis and a method of foot correction with silicone insoles.
The designed FizioStep silicone insoles enable to:
- restore normal foot anatomy and essential gait mechanics;
- restore the natural protective cushioning in the ball of the foot;
- stimulate the biologically active points of the foot creating a constant massaging effect and increasing blood circulation.
- The research team has developed a three-component set that consists of an orthotic insole (four different sizes), a correction device, and a software program.
- The silicone was chosen according to the Shore Scale based on two factors: no shrinkage (return to shape) and its elastic properties. Anthropometric data on the human foot during the ontogenetic evolution determined the number and height of silicone lamellae.