South Ural State University
Office 301, Sigma Building
78а, Prospect Lenina
Tel.: + 7 351 272 31 31
PhD, Associate Professor
Under the federal target program “Russian Language”, the research team from South Ural State University has developed a robot-assisted Russian language dialogue system for its further application in online Russian language courses and online education in Russian. The project was conducted in collaboration with the Pushkin Institute. The courses are available at pushkininstitute.ru.
The developed robot-assisted language learning system can be used for effective teaching of Russian phonology to international students. The system allows to reduce the time for speech sample assessment by comparing the samples with the correct answers, enabling to teach a significant number of students simultaneously.
The system allows personalised learning for every student and supports all levels of Russian language skills. Its multi-cultural orientation (native-language subtitles) enables international students to memorise study material effectively.
- The research team created the “Speech Samples” database that includes over 39 000 audios (110 Russian phonology lessons in total);
- 4 Certificates of State Registration received;
- The research results proved the system’s effectiveness in learning Russian phonology.
- Institute of Linguistics and International Communication (South Ural State University)
- The Pushkin Institute (South Ural State University)
- School of Electronic Engineering and Computer Science (South Ural State University)
- Institute of Open and Distance Learning (South Ural State University)