Program level: Bachelor’s degree
Program length: 4 years
Education certificate / Academic degree: diploma, bachelor’s degree
Mode of study: Full time
Language of instruction: Russian
Full name of the coordinator, telephone and e-mail: Ekaterina Grigorieva, +7 (351) 267-95-76, grigorevaea[at]susu[dot]ru
The graduate is able to solve professional problems in the field of chemistry and environmental objects, chemical expertise and environmental safety, standardization and certification, as well as inorganic and organic synthesis.
Advantages of the program:
The graduate has competencies to work in the field of chemical theory, chemical synthesis, ecology, pharmaceutical and medical chemistry, expertise, standardization and certification;
- fundamental training in all disciplines of the chemical cycle;
- studying chemistry in English during 4 years of study;
- the opportunity to engage in research work in modern laboratories.
- laboratories of scientific centers conducting research in the field of chemistry, biochemistry, geochemistry, petrochemistry, ecology, pharmacology;
- laboratories of chemical, food, metallurgical, pharmaceutical, petrochemical, mining and gas production industries;
- certification centers;
- expert forensic centers of the Department of Internal Affairs, the Federal Security Service;
- customs services; research organizations of the Russian Academy of Sciences;
- educational institutions.
Directions of scientific research of the Department of Theoretical and Applied Chemistry:
- development of methods for the directed synthesis of organoelement compounds with significant properties;
- development of methods for multi-scale (from subatomic to macro-object) supercomputer modelling;
- creation of new heterocyclic systems - promising biologically active substances that are the basis of modern drug preparation;
- electrochemistry of metals, alloys and carbon materials.
Students actively participate in scientific research, have joint scientific publications with teachers, and present their research at conferences in Russia and abroad. For the best student work they are awarded with diplomas, awards and prizes at various competitions and All-Russian conferences.