03.03.01 Applied Mathematics and Physics
Program: Applied Mathematics and Physics
Program level: Bachelor’s degree
Program length: 4 years
Education certificate / Academic degree: diploma, bachelor’s degree
Mode of study: Full time
Language of instruction: Russian
Full name of the coordinator, telephone and e-mail: Ivan Buldashev, +7 (351) 272-30-94
The direction is distinguished by a unique combination of training in mathematics, physics, computer science and computer technology. Solving the actual problems of modern physics, students learn to use specialized software for scientific calculations and gain invaluable skills to work on the most modern experimental equipment.
Advantages of the program:
- Implemented in contact with the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology.
- Fundamental training in the field of physics and mathematics.
- Practical skills in the field of modern computer technology.
- For the first 3 years - theoretical training with practical work using computer simulation at educational experimental facilities.
- Starting from the 4th year - research work is built into the curriculum on the basis of the Institute of Electrophysics of the Ural Branch of the Russian Academy of Sciences and the Physics Research Laboratory of the SUSU under the guidance of scientists with an international reputation.
- First step for a future career in research.
- Opportunity to become a physicist researcher who can work in virtually any field of science and technology, including chemistry, computer science, mathematics, biology, and easily switch from one activity to another.
Undergraduate graduates receive personalized offers to continue their studies through the master’s degree program with a technical focus. Graduates can continue their studies through the master's degree program 03.04.01 Applied Mathematics and Physics implemented at the Institute of Natural and Exact Sciences of SUSU or study similar disciplines at other Russian universities and abroad. For example, Applied Mathematics and Physics at the Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology comprises of over 80 master’s programs in physics, mathematics, computer technologies, and living systems.