02.03.01 Mathematics and computer science
Program: Mathematics and Computer Science
Field : Mathematical methods in economics and finance
Program level: Bachelor’s degree
Program length: 4 years
Education certificate / Academic degree: diploma, bachelor’s degree
Mode of study: Full time
Language of instruction: Russian
Full name of the coordinator, telephone and e-mail: Alena Akimova,+7 (351) 272-32-72, akimovaaa[at]susu[dot]ru
Students receive extensive math and IT training. Graduates of the field are able to develop and administer information systems, build mathematical models and algorithms for complex production and business facilities, carry out accounting and its automation, and conduct marketing research.
Graduate of this program is a highly valuable employee due to his/hers extensive knowledge of marketing, actuarial calculations, mathematical modelling, software development, mathematical optimization and analytics.
The spheres of professional competence includes research in areas that use mathematical methods and computer technology; solving various problems using mathematical modelling of processes, objects and software; development of effective methods for solving problems of natural science, engineering, economics and management; software and information support of scientific, research, design and operational management activities; teaching a cycle of mathematical disciplines (including computer science).
Graduates will be able to do the following:
- carry out expert financial and economic analysis using mathematical methods and modern information technologies in the planning, accounting and control of production;
- build mathematical models and algorithms for the operation of complex production and economic facilities;
- develop the necessary software for mathematical models and algorithms;
- develop and administer information systems;
- carry out accounting and its automation on the basis of the systems 1-С, BEST, etc .;
- understand the mathematical foundations and information technologies of exchange and currency trading;
- conduct marketing research;
- conduct research in the field of economic and mathematical modelling.
Future graduate occupations: analyst-programmer, mathematical modelling consultant, mathematician, applied programmer, developer of mathematical and computer models, business analyst, analysis and data processing specialist.