The School of Economics and Management of South Ural State University is a team of professionals in economics and management with innovative and digital competences in education and science and a leader in the development of the human resources potential of the economy of the Chelyabinsk Region and the Ural region as a whole. All educational methods in SEM are aimed at forming leadership qualities and skills in the future profession.
Continuous education track as guarantee of leadership in the labour market
Throughout their studies, SEM students acquire knowledge in economics, project management, management and marketing, business informatics, personnel management, banking and customs, economic security, and state and municipal management. The School of Economics and Management trains business leaders and specialists who are competitive in innovative and digital economy. The academic advantages of SEM include:
- Continuous learning model
SEM has implemented a system of lifelong learning: Bachelor’s degree programs – Master’s degree programs – postgraduate studies – business education for managers and entrepreneurs, which forms the foundation for career promotion and the successful development of future leaders of enterprises and organisations.
- Unique teaching laboratories
SEM implements practically-oriented educational methods to form competencies necessary for graduates’ future profession and modern information technologies and software packages that allow students to obtain skills necessary to process economic information solve analytical and situational problems with the help of official and specialized databases.
- Quality of education, which is ensured by the availability of advanced groups for talented applicants with high Unified State Exam scores; by offering lectures held by leading domestic and foreign scientists; and by offering students the opportunity to choose modern English-language educational programs
- Opportunities to participate in startups, grants, and competitions in economics, finance, management; training in lean production; and independent project development.
- Internships and practical training at the region’s leading enterprises, which allows students to develop projects that serve as the foundation for their coursework and final projects. The acquired knowledge and skills provide SEM graduates with professional growth and a successful career in almost any sector of the economy.
- Partnerships between the School of Economics and Management and leading Russian and foreign companies expands opportunities for students to get involved in solving practical business problems while they are still studying, to obtain a prestigious job upon graduation, and to achieve rapid growth in their profession.
“SEM means non-trivial approaches and solutions to the changing conditions in our country and the world, to the formation of knowledge and competencies in economics and management, to the development of universal economic erudition through additional knowledge beyond the students’ chosen area of study. We train specialists capable of proposing new ideas and analysing alternative strategies, skilled in the use of software and modern professional databases in the digital innovation economy", said Director of SEM, Doctor of Economics Anzhelika Karpushkina
Choose to be a leader at an early age
Graduates of the SUSU School of Economics and Management work at industrial enterprises, financial companies, banks, state and municipal governments, and in their own businesses.
"I am very grateful to SUSU for the education I received. Here I was able to learn a lot of useful information and understand aspects of the profession which now help me to build my career", said SUSU alumnus, Director for Investments of ROO Chelyabinsk Bank VTB (PAO) Sergey Cherkasov.
The School of Economics provides 7 Bachelor's degree programs, 2 Specialist programs, and 8 Master's degree programs, for which 112 state scholarships are offered this year. Before enrolling, future students can determine and choose the competences they would like to acquire during their studies. For this purpose, the School of Economics and Management implements big-scale career guidance programs. Participation in the Championship in Project Management for the Chelyabinsk Region Governor Cup (PMCup) among high school students offers students the opportunity to broaden their worldview and to test themselves in their future profession. University students can further develop their managerial potential by participating in the largest international and Russian student scientific and practical business forums, conferences, and Olympiads. SEM students participate in the World Student Program SIFE (Students in Free Enterprise).
"The School of Economics and Management gave me the most important thing that the university can give—direction. The direction in which I want to move further, with which I want to associate my future life,” said Evgenia Prolubnikova, SUSU alumnus, Head of the Chelyabinsk Region State Institution Innovative Business Incubator. “Studying at the university didn’t just give me knowledge and skills, but also taught me to improve constantly when working on future career growth."
Prestigious education is the key to leadership in your profession
At the School of Business MBA Centre, SEM successfully implements the Presidential Management Training Program and provides quality education in the field of economics and management using European teaching methods. The School of Business MBA Centre is ranked highly each year among Chelyabinsk business schools, implementing professional retraining programs for employees of enterprises in various sectors of the economy.
- SUSU Official Website
- SUSU News on Telegram
- SUSU4You VK
- Applicant Support Centre: +7 (351) 267-91-47
- SUSU Admissions Committee: 8 800 300-00-55 (Calls within the Ural Federal District are free)
- E-mail for general questions: prkom[at]susu[dot]ru