South Ural State University is one of the leading Russian multidisciplinary universities with the fundamental scientific basis and high standards of specialist training. The university is multinational and nowadays is a home for more than 2,300 international students from 56 countries.
Zaur Ehtimad oglu Kalbiyev from Azerbaijan studying at the Institute of Sport, Tourism and Service (major: Tourism) shares his impressions about his living in Russia.
– Why did you choose to study in Russia?
– The first time my family and I came to Chelyabinsk in 2004, but in 2011 we returned home. I continued to study Russian and after finishing school decided to get my higher education in Russia. The main reason to leave my country was the opportunity to travel and so that in the future working somewhere abroad would be easier. That’s why I went back to Chelyabinsk, my second home, which is really worth coming because of rainy autumn, snowy winter as well as the level of education. I think SUSU is a great university.
– What was your greatest challenge about living in Russia?
– The most difficult thing for me was not to go back to Azerbaijan as I missed home very much.
– What was your first impression about South Ural State University?
– On my first day in Chelyabinsk I went to the university to submit an application. I felt like Harry Potter who first came to Hogwarts - it took a lot of time to find International Student Support Office - I was almost lost. There should be more direction signs for those who visit the university for the first time.
– What subjects are your favourite ones?
– I enjoy studying foreign languages very much and the benefit of my major is I study them seriously and thoroughly. As I see my future in tourism industry languages will be my great advantage.
– Yes, I got help from the Center especially during the first days at the university. They are very nice and kind people. Thanks to them I volunteered and took part in some Russian national events.
– What perspectives does a specialist with Russian diploma have in your country?
– Specialists with Russian diplomas can easily find a job as my country appreciates Russian education.
– Why do many universities try to attract international students for studying?
– In my opinion it is very important as an exchange of experience and intercultural relations are one of the most necessary things nowadays. The more international students there are in your country, the better it reveals the high level of development and education.
– What is the topic of your thesis?
– I guess it will be connected with tourism in Azerbaijan. Although there is no precise wording.
– What would you wish your compatriots who are choosing a university now?
– I definitely recommend Russian universities, particularly South Ural State University. I am very glad that I am here now and want to thank Ilyana Dovgalyuk who helped me a lot and all professors of the department where I study and professors of Foreign Languages Department. They are real professionals and by their work they get students to love the university.
Let us remind that foreign citizens who want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU can learn all the details regarding the procedure of admissions via the portal for university applicants by clicking the link.
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Tel.: 8 (351) 272 30 86