South Ural State University is the most famous university in South Ural and no wonder international students choose it to get their education. It offers various programs including International Relations, Philology, Linguistics, Economics, Mechatronics and Robotics, Power Engineering and many others. Also a student can choose a Bachelor’s or Master’s program taught in English. The university is multinational and nowadays is a home for more than 2,300 international students from 52 countries.
Mohammed Amer Jassim, a SUSU student from Iraq, is getting his Master’s degree in Philology now. He shares his impressions on living and studying in Chelyabinsk.
– Why did you choose to get your Master’s degree in Russia?
– I always wanted to travel to Russia and see this large and beautiful country. Also the fact that traveling to Russia was much easier than to other countries so that also helped me to choose Russia.
– What were your first impressions of Russia and Chelyabinsk?
– Russia is beautiful but very cold. Chelyabinsk is a nice city for comfortable living. The people are of different nationalities and thanks to it you may learn lots of traditions and customs from different cultures. If we talk about SUSU, it gives me the chance to communicate with lots of people and make friends inside the university by taking part in different celebrations and activities.
– How did your family feel about your moving to another country?
– My family did not accept this easily. They were afraid of the fact I would live and study in another country. But they understand the value of a good education.
– What was the procedure of entering – SUSU?
– The main thing was to send the documents by email and wait for the answer. It wasn’t difficult at all and I thank the university for such an easy way of entering.
– What are your impressions about the programme? Do you have a favorite professor or a subject?
– The programme is really great. All the subjects I study will be very useful in my future career. And also the professors are kind and good at dealing with international students
– How do you plan to use your education in future?
– I am going to come back home after graduation to work in my country. I hope to get a job at an Iraqi university.
– What was your greatest challenge about living in Russia?
– My greatest challenge in Russia was the language because it's hard to explain your thoughts and your problems you are facing. At the moment you start to understand the language and speak a little bit everything becomes much easier.
– Did you get any help from your compatriots having arrived to Chelyabinsk earlier than you?
– Yea , my colleague, Hussein, and his roommate Serag.
– What perspectives does a specialist with a Russian diploma have in your country?
– Russian diplomas make a great impression on our people, that’s why we are often advised to go and study in Russia.
– Why do many universities try to attract international students for studying?
– The economic strength of countries can be increased by international students who study in their universities, as well as international students can level up the university ranking .
– What would you wish your compatriots who are choosing a university now?
– I advise them to choose universities with high rankings, good reputation and experienced professors, like SUSU, as they will benefit a lot.
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling +7 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on Facebook.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official group of South Ural State University on Facebook you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Tel.: +7 (351) 272 30 86