South Ural State University is the most famous university in South Ural with the fundamental scientific basis and high standards of specialist training and no wonder international students choose it to get their education. The university is multinational and nowadays is a home for more than 2,300 international students from 52 countries. It offers various programs including International Relations, Philology, Linguistics, Economics, Mechatronics and Robotics, Power Engineering and many others. Also a student can choose a Bachelor’s or Master’s program taught in English.
Allami Hussein Mohammed Breeaam from Iraq is getting his Master’s degree at the Institute of Linguistics and International Communications (major: Philology). He got his Bachelor’s degree at Misan University in Iraq (major: English language) and then decided to continue his education in Russia.
Hussein agrees to answer the questions about his life and study in Chelyabinsk.
- Why do you like Russia, Chelyabinsk and SUSU?
- SUSU is one of the universities that has a good record and gives great opportunities for the future. Also it is registered by the Ministry of Higher Education in Iraq. I have heard a lot of good things about Russia and studying here. Some of my friends got their diplomas at SUSU and they told me a lot about professors, subjects and extracurricular activities.
- What do you remember most about your study? What subjects are your favourite ones?
- I do remember most of my subjects like Linguistics, Grammar, Phonetics, Literature, and Drama. And two of my favorites are Linguistics and Grammar.
- How do you plan to use your education in future?
- My diploma can let me work as a university professor. If I had such an opportunity, then I would like to teach students of SUSU English. I think I would stay in Russia and work here.
- What is the topic of your thesis?
- Linguistic Peculiarities of Science and Technology Representation in Ted-Talk Discourse: Corpus Approach.
- What was your greatest challenge about living in Russia?
- Of course, it was the Russian language. I had to study it to have the opportunity to live independently. And nowadays I am quite sure of speaking Russian.
- What was your first impression about South Ural State University?
- The first time I saw the main building of the university I thought “It is great! I will find a lot of unique things here”. It became true. Now I understand this is the university that welcomes, encourages all students, and helps to develop socio-cultural bonds between students from various countries.
- Did you get any help during your period of adaptation to living in another country?
- Yes, I did. Some of my compatriots were studying at SUSU when I came to Chelyabinsk. They explained to me where to go for documents application, where I could find the information about my studies and many other small but important things. And of course the Association of International Students and Center for Sociocultural Adaptation always helped me with any questions I had.
- What would you wish your compatriots who are choosing a university now?
- I can wish them good luck and
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling 8 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on Facebook.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official group of South Ural State University on Facebook you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Tel.: 8 (351) 272 30 86