Graduate of the SUSU Institute of Engineering and Technology is planning to enrol in a Master’s degree programme and make it to the Forbes magazine 30 under 30 ranking of the most promising citizens of Russia in the future. The young man believes that in our region SUSU is the leader in engineering education, so for him, the choice of our university was obvious.
Denis Khakulov is a holder of the Russian Government’s scholarship in priority fields of modernization and technological development of the Russian economy, a winner of the “I Am a Professional” Student Olympiad in the Digital Transformation of the Power Sector section, and a prize winner of the All-Russian “Cup Technical” Changellenge and of the Gazprom’s Olympiad in Electric Power Engineering and Electric Engineering, and of many other contests.
– Denis, why did you choose to enrol in SUSU?
– In our region it is the leader in engineering education, so for me, the choice of our university was obvious.
– Which opportunities did our university open for you?
– The university provided me with a possibility to participate in student events: Olympiads, case championships, forums and public projects. Over the four years of studies I have made many useful contacts.
– With the numerous scientific achievements of yours, your studies must take up really much time.
– I spend about 20 hours a week on my studies: classes at the university and homework.
– What are your plans for the future?
– I’m planning to enrol in a Master’s degree programme. And make it to the Forbes magazine 30 under 30 ranking of the most promising citizens of Russia in the future – this is my main goal for the next few years.
– What would you advise SUSU students wishing to achieve success?
– Set goals for yourself, develop our potential to the maximum, and focus on strong people near you.