A meeting between Rector of South Ural State University Aleksandr Shestakov, enrolees, and their parents will be held on July 7th at 12:00. During the event, they will touch on the most important and interesting questions for students enrolling at our university in 2019.
The directors of SUSU’s schools and institutes, representatives of the Faculty of Military Education, the Scholarship and Bursary Office, and the SUSU Campus will take part in the meeting.
During the Hour with the Rector, Aleksandr Shestakov will speak about the bright prospects that will open for those enrolling at SUSU. Special attention will be paid to the following issues:
- Scholarships. These can be received by first-year students with high scores on the EGE or entrance examinations; winners and finalists of Olympiads who enrol without exams; and winners of Zvezda Multidisciplinary Engineering Olympiad who enrol through the general procedure;
- Language Training. Students do not just study foreign languages, they think, speak, converse, and write in those. SUSU students also have the opportunity to study languages abroad, completing internships at leading universities in Germany, France, Austria, the Czech Republic, and China.
- Student youth projects and start-ups. Students who are enrolling in the 2019-2020 academic year can look forward to a head-spinning number of interesting youth projects and start-ups;
- Contact with employers. The enrolees and their parents will hear about the leading employers with which the university partners, including Rosatom and other big corporations in Russia and abroad;
- SUSU Campus. Aleksandr Shestakov will speak about the dormitories available for the future students on the SUSU Campus and their extracurricular activities.
The Rector will also explain the aspects of fulfilling the elite training programmes at the university, and what opportunities are available to students who complete their education within the Double Degree programmes.
After the Hour with the Rector event, the enrolees and their parents will have a chance to personally meet the directors of the institutes and schools and ask any questions they might have. They can also attend exciting tours around the university.
As part of the Hour of the Rector, entertainment venues have been organized for the applicants. They will be open from 11:00 to 11:45. Through games, the future students will become acquainted with the opportunities that will be open to them as students of the university.
The Hour with the Rector will be held in the Activity Hall of the SUSU main building (76 Lenin Prospect) on July 7th at 12:00.