The submission of applications for the 2019 contests in academic projects and mobility under Erasmus+ program is closed.
Erasmus+ program comprises:
- Countries being members of the European Union, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Former Yugoslav Republic of Macedonia, Turkey, Serbia;
- And also “partner countries” (Western Balkans, Eastern Partnership countries, countries of the Southern Mediterranean, Russian Federation, Central Asia, Latin America, Africa, Caribbean countries).
For the complete list of member countries, please click this link.
This year the representatives of our university filed applications under three main fields:
- International Credit Mobility (short-term mobility of students and staff) is a program of scholarships for training students, Master’s students and postgraduates with transfer of credits, as well as reading lectures and professional internships for scientists, teachers and staff.
The mobility project can be organised only with universities from the program countries; this is a 2-year project, and the application may be filed only a university form a program country (application deadline was February 12, 2019 this year).
In 2019 SUSU representatives have filed 8 applications for organisation of mobility with the following universities:
- Bingol University (Turkey)
- Aristotle University of Thessaloniki (Greece)
- University of Piraeus (Greece)
- Dunarea de Jos University of Galati (Romania)
- “Dimitrie Cantemir” Christian University (Romania)
- Danubius University (Romania)
- Lappeenranta-Lahti University of Technology LUT (Finland)
- Capacity-building for Higher Education (program of improving the potential of higher education) are the projects in the field of higher education: development of educational programs; modernisation of leadership, management and functioning of universities; modernisation of governmental policy, leadership and management of the higher education systems; strengthening the ties of universities with the foreign-economy and social environments (application deadline — February 7, 2019):
In 2019 one application has been filed (by the Head of the Department of Automation Engineering Viktor Guzeev) for the fulfilment of the project on Development of University Competence Centres for Project Integration of Research and Educational Activity in the System of Forward-looking Engineering Training.
Already now work is being performed at SUSU under two projects on improving the potential of higher education:
- Enhancing University Teaching in Thermal Power Systems for Cleaner Environment with Parallel Improvements in PhD Skills Development (ASIAXIS) (Project Head at SUSU is Vladislav Lazarev)
- Fostering Internationalisation in Agricultural Engineering in Iran and Russia (FARmeR) (Project Head at SUSU is Andrey Radionov)
- Jean Monnet Activities (program of Jean Monnet) is a program of organising projects on development and support of research studies in the European Union related issues, which facilitate the investigation of the processes of European integration in higher education. Within the frameworks of this program it is possible to elaborate modules, create departments and centres of best practices, and organise academic projects.
The application deadline was February 22, 2019.
This is the only program where a university from Russia may independently file an application on behalf of itself and become a grant recipient.
In 2019 two applications have been filed under this program:
- European Integration: History and Modern Age, by K.I. Kostromitin (Institute of Social Sciences and Humanities);
- Ecological Policy of the European Union in the Context of the Concept of Sustainable Development, by D.V. Solomko, E.P. Emchenko and V.V. Avdin (Department of Philosophy, Institute of Social Sciences and Humanities).
The results of the 2019 contests will be announced in summer. A new contest will be open in autumn of 2019.
In 2021-2027 the Erasmus+ program will focus on “evolution, and not revolution” and will still cover schools, vocational and higher education, as well as the fields of youth activities and sports, but in a more structured way. The next program will be significantly strengthened, expanded, and will become more inclusive; it will also provide opportunities for training and mobility to 12 million people, as compared to 4 million people under the current program. This will boost the development of the activity on promoting knowledge and awareness on the EU. Climate changes, robotics, inclusive education and challenged students will be among the most important fields of the program development. Investing into people, their skills and knowledge will help respond to global challenges, maintain social justice, and stimulate competitiveness in Europe.
The European Commission has doubled the budget for the next 2021-2027 lap of the program up to 30 billion euro.
To successfully file an application in 2020, you should start working on it already now since the search for reliable partners, as well as collecting the package of documents to be submitted takes quite some time.
In case you have in mind partners with whom you would like to establish good relationships, or you have contacts from the Erasmus+ program countries which you would like to develop, the International Research Collaboration is ready to assist you in holding the correspondence and preparing documents.
For details on the program or assistance in forming of applications, please contact Anastasiia Kuzminykh of the International Research Collaboration at 267-97-98, or e-mail to kuzminykhaa[at]susu[dot]ru or grants[at]susu[dot]ru