On April 19th a round table on Topical Issues of Teaching International Students in a Mixed Audience will be held at Sigma Education and Recreation Building. The event was organized by the Department of Russian as a Foreign Language, Center for Sociocultural Adaptation, and International Affairs Division.
The round table is aiming at discussing the problems of teaching international students in Russian in order to improve quality of their training.
Standing order of holding the methodical workshop:
- 15:20-16:10 plenary session;
- 16:15-17:15 sections’ work;
- 17:20-17:30 summing up the results.
Topics of the plenary session presentations (presentation timing: 5 minutes):
- Organizing Work on Enrolment of Foreign Citizens;
- State of Affairs in Institute (School): Excellence of International Students, Difficulties in Academic and Socio-cultural Adaptation, Problems and Suggestions, Positive Experience;
- Organizing Work with International Students, and Services;
- General Principles of the Method of Teaching a Mixed Audience: Problems, Positive Experience.
Work under the following sections is planned:
- Problems of Teaching Humanities to a Mixed Audience;
- Problems of Teaching Natural Sciences to a Mixed Audience;
- Problems of Teaching Physics and Mathematics Program to a Mixed Audience.
Topics to be discussed under the sections:
- Lecturer’s Methodical Instruments: Experience Exchange;
- Possibility of Joint Projects with Lecturers of the Department of Russian as a Foreign Language: Ways of Interaction;
- Problems in Need of Administrative Solutions: Suggestions.
As a result of the event, certificates of participation will be awarded.
To take part in the round table, please register before April 17th at: 272-31-01, 272-31-31, or at e-mail valeevadm[at]susu[dot]ru (please indicate: Full name. Department/University name. Participation in the Round Table).
Contact person: Dina Valeeva.
Date and time of the event: April 19th at 15:20
Venue of the round table: Room 309, Sigma Education and Recreation Building.