Young Progressors Olympiad for school pupils will be held for the eighth time at South Ural State University on April 7th at 9:00. The event will be held on the occasion of Cosmonautics Day celebrated in Russia.
The event is being organized by the SUSU Faculty of Aerospace Engineering.
The main goal of the Olympiad is to attract talented, creative young researchers who love aviation, cosmonautics, and rocketry into our country’s Aerospace Engineering sector. Any young researcher is eligible to participate – pupils of 5th-11th grades of public schools (gymnasiums, lyceums), students of vocational education institutions, and students of professional lyceums.
Each participant can choose one of the forms of participation in the Olympiad:
- Scientific reading;
- Conference in the categories of Cosmonautics and Rocket Engineering; Aviation; or Instruments and Control Systems;
- Engineering exhibition.
Areas in which the Olympiad will be held:
- Aviation (manned and unmanned aircrafts; instruments; control systems; aerodynamic schemes; and more);
- Cosmonautics (exploration of the near-Earth space; deep space exploration; creation of manned bases on planets; means of transportation; and more);
- Deep-sea Vehicles (manned and unmanned vehicles for deep sea studying; deep sea habitable and uninhabitable stations; and more);
- Technologies in Aviation and Cosmonautics.
At the end of the Olympiad, all participants will be awarded certificates, and the prize winners of 1st, 2nd, and 3rd places ‑ diplomas. 11th grade pupils are guaranteed additional points when enrolling at SUSU. There will also be prizes from the faculty.