Dashtseren is getting master’s degree in Tourism at SUSU Institute of Sport, Tourism and Service. Now she is studying tourism at the university and actively travels around the region – she really loves Ural nature. Dasha is interested in art and cultural events, that’s why she often participates in them. By the way Dasha is already a specialist in tour guiding, but she wants to learn more. And why does she want to learn more? What impressions does Dasha have from Chelyabinsk? Read on and you will find out the answers.
– When did you enter SUSU?
– I entered SUSU in 2021 but initially I chose distance learning – I was staying in my country.
– Was it your first choice of university or did you apply to any other university?
– SUSU was my only choice for some reasons. Of course I was viewing a lot of sites of different universities. But SUSU has attracted me more than others. And there was master’s program in tourism in which I had been interested. Then I decided to talk to my friends about SUSU. We all have found our respective majors at this university. And the chosen was made.
– What was the procedure of entering the university?
– First I was preparing all necessary documents. Also I was going for language courses. It wasn’t difficult for me because I had already studied abroad. And I have already worked in tourism and have made documents connected with it.
– Who studies with you in your program?
– There are 17 students in our group. Most of them are Russian students. There are 5 or 6 international students, most of them speak Russian, including students from Kyrgyzstan and Kazakhstan. I talk to Russian students who speak English, and they are friendly.
– Have you been able to participate in any scientific or social project since you came to Russia?
– Currently, I haven’t participated in any project yet because I am not confident at my Russian. But I am already a member of volunteer team of the Association of International Students and Alumni. And I am also a member of the Association of Mongolian Students in Russia.
– What do you do in your free time?
– I like walking in the park in my free time. I also like art events, so I actively take part in such events organized by the university. For example, workshop in a cooking club, meetings in a singing club or evening out at the theatre.
– Tell us a little bit about Chelyabinsk. What pros and cons have you seen for yourself?
– I like this city. I like that it is surrounded by forests, and there is a lot of nature in it and around. The downside for me is lack of sunshine. But the city is easy and rich.
– And how do you plan to use your education in future?
– I am a professional tour guide in my country. I can already give tours in English and Korean. Now I want to become a Russian-speaking guide and travel mentor. And I wish I made many trips with tourists in Russia.
– What was your greatest challenge about living in Russia?
– Russian language! I think if I didn't know another language, it would be very hard. Russian is really sophisticated!
– What would you wish your compatriots who are choosing a university now?
– Please try to cope with your discouragement when you come to study. If you try really hard, you’ll be a success. And SUSU will help you! The program for international students is really good.
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling +7 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on VK.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English, you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official Telegram Channel of South Ural State University, you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Whats App, Telegram: +7 (902) 607 99 64
Tel.: +7 (351) 272 30 86