South Ural State University is the most famous university in South Ural and no wonder international students choose it to get their education. It offers various programs including International Relations, Philology, Linguistics, Economics, Mechatronics and Robotics, Power Engineering and many others. Also a student can choose a Bachelor’s or Master’s program taught in English.
Many international students come from Kazakhstan as our countries have deep social, cultural economic relations and also young people know Russian language quite well.
Darya Morozova, a SUSU student from Kazakhstan, agrees to answer some questions, tell about her life in Chelyabinsk and shares her impressions about South Ural State University.
- What city are you from?
- I am from Kostanay, a small town in Kazakhstan. The main feature of my town is that it is multi-ethnic.
- How long have you been here in Chelyabinsk?
- It’s been three years. I think it wasn’t difficult to move here. From my town to Chelyabinsk it’s a six-hour trip. Before making my final choice I found a lot of information about different universities and discussed them with my parents. The decision to choose the university in the city was made together with them as they didn’t want me to go far away from them.
- Why did you choose your future profession?
- My future profession is Operation of Transport-Technical Machines and Complexes. Since my childhood I was interested in cars and how they worked though it was not typical for a girl. That’s why I have entered Institute of Engineering and Technology and want to commit my life to designing new cars.
- Did you enter the university under any program and what documents did you need for that?
- I entered the university under the program of Rossotrudnichestvo. The documents I needed were high school diploma, certificates of merit and medical certificate 086.
- Did you have any challenges when studying in another country?
- I believe that if you have a goal and know why you need this or that, you won’t have any challenges. I understand that I came here to get my profession, I studied hard from the first year. If something didn’t work, I didn’t give up and keep on following my way.
- Can you give any tips to future student how to pass the exams successfully?
- Of course, I can. The first thing you have to do is not to skip classes, study all materials and ask your professors if you have any questions. If you follow the rules, you’ll become an excellent student.
- What do you like most about the extracurricular life of the university?
- I love Association of International Students and Alumni as they become my second family. They help international students to get used to the university and city and organize lots of activities for us. I am a member of AISA, as well as a member of the student council of my Institute. I adore extracurricular activities, and as soon as I got into the university I tried myself in every activity. But then I chose just some of them.
- What can you say to young people who are choosing a university now?
- I’d really like that applicants make their choice wisely, take into consideration their knowledge and wishes. Sometimes if you make your choice just because your parents or friends tell you so, it may lead to several lost years. Choose your future by yourself!
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling 8 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on Facebook.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official group of South Ural State University on Facebook you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Tel.: 8 (351) 272 30 86