Al Zamili Ali Khayoon Dbesan from Iraq got his Bachelor’s degree at SUSU Institute of Linguistics and International Communications and decided to continue his education here. So now he is a second year Master’s degree student at SUSU Law Institute.
He agrees to answer some questions about his life and study in Chelyabinsk.
– Why did you choose to study in Russia?
– I heard a lot about Russia and the education here as my brother obtained his doctorate in Law in Voronezh. So when I decided to study abroad I chose the university in Russia.
– What can you say about the studying itself and the professors?
– The study is great here and the professors are cooperative and have great experience in communicating with students from all over the world having some difficulties with the language.
– How do you plan to use your education in future?
– I will try to complete my PhD and become a scientist in my field of study.
– What was your greatest challenge about living in Russia?
– I guess I had two challenges - to learn the Russian language and to cope with the cold weather here. Though it was quite difficult I have succeeded in both.
– What was your first impression about South Ural State University?
– First I saw a wonderful university with a unique architectural design that can please the eye of any person.
– Did you get any help from your compatriots having arrived to Chelyabinsk earlier than you?
– Yes, there were many people who helped us, especially PhD students, when I arrived in Russia.
– Yes, of course. The members of AISA explained all the rules and procedures connected with the necessary paperwork and study. Also this is a great opportunity to make new friends.
– What do you do in your free time?
– I try to learn more Russian words by watching Russian movies and I walk a lot because the weather here is great, especially in summer.
– Do you plan to come back home after graduation or do you want to stay and work in Russia?
– I want to continue my studies in Russia. And then find a job here but of course it will depend on the situation as we do not know what the future holds for us.
– Why do many universities try to attract international students for studying?
– I think universities want to improve relations between countries and strengthen exchange of cultures, ideas and science. To my mind the best place for this purpose is a university.
– Do you keep in touch with your compatriots who got SUSU degrees? Where do they work?
– I communicate with some of them and they work in very good positions and places in my country, Iraq.
– What would you wish your compatriots who are choosing a university now?
– I wish them success and support them in choosing Russian universities to study, especially our university SUSU.
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling +7 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on VK.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official Telegram Channel of South Ural State University you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Whats App, Telegram: +7 (902) 607 99 64
Tel.: +7 (351) 272 30 86