The Centre for International Education invites students of the Faculty of Energy and Power Engineering to take part in an online training on renewable energy. The event is organized by North China Electric Power University, Beijing (main university of the Ministry of Energy of the People's Republic of China), jointly with Chinese national energy corporations. Participation in the training is free of charge.
Based on the results, students are awarded a certificate.
Dates: October 11th through November 4th.
Language of instruction: English.
In the course of training students will master the following topics:
1. Wind power sector (measurements in wind power engineering, operation and monitoring of wind power plants, modern technical solutions in the design and analysis of wind turbines).
2. Modern photovoltaics (design of solar generation systems, technical aspects and economic analysis of solar energy, solar radiation and solar energy resources).
3. Smart grid technologies.
4. Policy of the People's Republic of China in the field of renewable energy.
5. Development of grids integrating solar and wind generation.
6. Biomass as an alternative source of energy.
7. Analysis of the policy of the People's Republic of China in the field of distributed solar energy.
8. Foreign investments and international collaboration between the People's Republic of China and other countries of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation in the field of energy.
9. Virtual tour around a power plant in the People's Republic of China.
10. Virtual tour on the culture of the People's Republic of China.