South Ural State University is one of the leading Russian multidisciplinary universities with the fundamental scientific basis and high standards of specialist training. The university is multinational and nowadays is a home for more than 2,500 international students from 58 countries.
Due to different reasons the situation studying changed last year. Some classes were held online; most lectures were given online. Some international students couldn’t arrive to Russia from their countries by the beginning of the academic year. And they had to study only with the help of their computers or mobiles.
Sewailam Mohamed Ayman Monir, a SUSU student from Egypt, shares his impressions about this kind of studying.
- What school do you study at?
- Which study format do you like more online or offline?
- Frankly speaking, I like offline as in my professional field offline makes me focus more on the topic I study and allows to ask my professors any questions.
- Can you tell some words about the period of self-isolation after arriving to Chelyabinsk?
- If to say about the living conditions they were quite good: the room was clean, comfortable and quiet. But I had problem with communication as I was new here, I didn’t have friends who could help me.
- What are disadvantages and advantages of distance education?
- To my mind the advantages of online studying are that it saves much time, it is easier and more comfortable. The fact that you are with family at home makes you less nervous. But if a student is not in his native country or city it is quite difficult to sit alone in the room with just a computer. The disadvantages of distance learning are poor connection with professors, problems with the internet connection and the worst thing is that there are no practical lessons in labs or factories.
- Does the education differ now? Do you like it?
- Of course, it differs, I am happy to come back to classrooms. Russian professors are the best ones and I hope that English professors will reach the professional level of Russian teachers.
- Did you study in other universities except for SUSU?
- Yes, I studied in the computer science faculty in Cairo University for two weeks and then went to North Eastern Federal University (in Yakutsk) to study Russian language
In the situation of online studying the Electronic SUSU training portal (EDU@SUSU) becomes the main part of the process of learning. Lectures, exercises, gradebooks, everything can be found in the system and students continue their studying.
To help international students with the portal SUSU Center for Sociocultural Adaptation established Consultation Online Center where students could get all the necessary information by writing their questions in the VK group or look for help there.
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling 8 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on Facebook.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official group of South Ural State University on Facebook you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Tel.: 8 (351) 272 30 86