The development of a Covid-19 vaccine began in the early months of the pandemic, after which it underwent trials and a long registration process. As a result, Russia presented a Sputnik V vaccine, which our foreign partners have already purchased. Now residents of Chelyabinsk and the region have the opportunity to protect themselves and their loved ones from the dangerous virus. According to scientists, it is enough just to get vaccinated, and you will become immune to Covid-19 for two whole years. At the same time, since there is still little information about vaccination, Russians have many questions: Is it safe to get vaccinated if I have recently been ill? Where can I get vaccinated? How much does is it cost?
Let us answer all the most important questions regarding the vaccination:
Which vaccine is used?
At the moment, only one vaccine is available for mass vaccination — Gam-COVID-Vac trade-named Sputnik V. This is the first Covid-19 vaccine in the world to be registered. According to scientists, its effectiveness exceeds 90 percent. It provides up to two years of immunity.
How does vaccination begin?
First of all, an explanatory conversation is held with a person, an anamnesis is collected, and then the necessary data are entered into the register.
What are the indications for getting the vaccine shot?
Prevention of the novel coronavirus infection (COVID-19) in adults over 18 years of age.
Who will be denied the vaccine?
- People who are hypersensitive to any component of the vaccine or a vaccine containing similar components;
- People with past history of severe allergic reactions;
- People with acute infectious and non-infectious diseases, exacerbation of chronic diseases – vaccination is carried out 2-4 weeks after recovery or remission. With mild ARVI or acute infectious diseases of the gastrointestinal tract – vaccination is carried out after the temperature has returned to normal;
- Pregnant women and those in the period of breastfeeding;
- Children younger than 18 years of age.
Where to get the vaccine shot?
You can register for vaccination in your employee's personal account. As soon as your turn comes up, you will get a call be directed to City Hospital No. 2, at 82 Lenin Prospekt.
After you get the vaccine shot, you should monitor your health and follow all the doctor's recommendations.
The second vaccine shot is injected 21 days later, and a stable immunity is formed, which can last up to 2 years.
Possible side effects
Side effects are a normal reaction of the body to the vaccine. A person may experience ARVI symptoms: fever, headache, weakness or discomfort in the muscles, pain it the injection spot. All of these symptoms will go away in a few days.
Are there any recommendations for a patient after the vaccination?
- Avoid heavy loads
- Do not visit banya or sauna
- Do not drink alcohol
- Protect the injection spot from water for several days.
Remember: getting a COVID-19 vaccine shot does not mean you should stop wearing masks in public!