Our web-site launches a Top List column with the stories about outstanding students of the SUSU institutes and schools who have excelled in studies, science, sports, or extracurricular activities, as well as about the university administrative and academic staff members having interesting projects and hobbies.
Today, we are going to talk about a prize-winner of university Olympiads, all-Russian and international conferences, a participant of project-based learning, student of the Faculty of Aerospace Engineering of the SUSU Institute of Engineering and Technology, who dreams of working in Roscosmos, Elizaveta Loskutova.
– Еlizaveta, why did you choose South Ural State University?
– South Ural State University is one of the major and advanced universities in Russia, what, subsequently, is indicative of the quality of education here. The university has a good base for the development of research projects. SUSU opens a paradigm of opportunities. For example, the Asteroid Student Design Bureau was organized at the university. There you gain invaluable experience in design, learn how to effectively interact with students from other programmes. The wide range of opportunities allows to engage in research activities, attend different conferences and workshops, communicate with students and academic staff from other universities, take part in cultural events, such as meetings, forums, contests, and more.
– What opportunities did project-based learning give to you?
– It allowed me to work not only on an interesting project, but also to participate in contests and forums from the university-wide to the international level.
– Еlizaveta, how much time does the studying take?
– The studying process is the priority for me, yet I have some time for other activities: I can work on a project in the Asteroid Student Design Bureau, take part in cultural events, for example, in Victory Waltz, as well as present reports at conferences and forums, such as Kalashnikov Readings, Youth. Engineering. Space, and others.
– Еlizaveta, what are your plans for the future?
– To put the project in the Asteroid Student Design Bureau to practice and get a job in the Roscosmos State Space Corporation.
– Please, tell us about your hobby.
– I like to travel. The nature of Russia is extremely fascinating: boundless steppes, towering mountains, forests and rivers. The cities in Russia are so different: some streets are narrow and some are wide; in one city, everything moves swiftly, in another, quietly and peacefully.
– What is your life motto?
– Where there's a will, there's a way. I do my best – I get results.