On February 16, a ceremony of awarding the Anatoly Sobchak Scholarship was held at MSAL. Among those who have been awarded was a student of South Ural State University.
The ceremony featured the President of Anatoly Sobchak Foundation, Federation Council member of the Federal Assembly of the Russian Federation, Liudmila Narusova, and Vice-Rector for Research at Kutafin Moscow State Law University (MSAL), Vladimir Sinyukov.
While opening the event, Vladimir Sinyukov noted that applicants for the Anatoly Sobchak Scholarship are the elite and foundation of the future of our country, and he thanked all contestants for their strive for knowledge, dedication to the science of law and aspiration to make the world around them better.
Liudmila Narusova also greeted students and noted that awarding of scholarship applicants at MSAL is very significant as Oleg Kutafin and Anatoly Sobchak were not just like-minded people and colleagues but also close friends. Besides, Liudmila Narusova noted that Anatoly Sobchak had always supported initiatives of his associates among young people:
“In his activity, Anatoly Sobchak had always relied on young people, on former students and postgraduates. On the people who could think for their own, who had no obligations for the existing system. He thought that the ones who had to work for the future well-being were those who were going to live in that future,” concluded Liudmila Narusova.
After welcoming speeches, the awarding ceremony took place. This year, holders of the Scholarship are:
- Marina Filatenkova, student of Volgograd State University;
- Natalia Vinogradova, student of South Ural state University;
- Valeria Sinitsyna, student of Ural State Law University;
- Aleksandr Grishanin, student of Ural State Law University;
- Alina Gazizova, student of Peoples' Friendship University of Russia;
- Sergey Shestalo, student of Samara National Research University;
- Kristina Kopteva, student of National Research Mordovia State University;
- Inessa Tsekalo, student of Saratov State Law Academy;
- Ivan Vakulenko, student of Saratov State Law Academy.
In the course of the ceremony, screening of a documentary by Ksenia Sobchak, “The Sobchak’s Case”, took place.
For the Reference
The Anatoly Sobchak Scholarship is annually awarded to full-time students majoring in Jurisprudence who has high academic achievements and take active part in research activity.