This year, South Ural State University has gained its own Tretyakovka (short for Tretyakov gallery), where students who love art can gather and promote it among people. It will open July 29th in one of the most beautiful places in the Chelyabinsk Region – Nepryakhino village at Nauka (Science) recreation camp. The Tretyakovka Director Natalya Lapshina tells us about this project.
– Why “Tretyakovka”? How did you come up with such an unusual name for a camp session?
– The topic was born by some kind of miraculous and very simple manner! We came to this idea over one meeting. We didn’t have any creative frustration or disagreements, as it often happens. We just worked well, and a great name was born – “Tretyakovka”. We immediately had many interesting ideas for filling up this session, and thought up a stylish design. This is also the third session – a creative one.
– What will make this session special? What can students expect? What will be offered?
– First of all, of course, we will have a strong educational program in 6 fields: music (vocals, instrumental music, songwriting), dancing (vogue, waking, house dance, dancehall, contemporary, ballroom), art (basics of academic drawing, engraving, point to point, photography, graphic design, calligraphy), theater (acting, directing, video directing, stand up), sports (war dancing, cardio/strength training, stretching/splits), and art management (organizing events).
Second, throughout the session we plan on filming a series of short films under the code name “Olimp Is a Little Slice of Life”. Any of the participants might become the main character of a film. Third, the end of the academic program will be punctuated by a concert on the shore of lake Big Anukul. In addition, we will be actively writing creative projects, the best of which will receive grants.
– This is your first time to direct a session: how are you preparing, how do you feel about it?
– My team and I are preparing for the upcoming session as best we can. For me, this is stressful and very important. I am putting all of myself in this creative session, and I think I love it already and am already doing everything with my heart. I want to make sure that this time will be the best time in the lives of all those who come. We are doing everything we can for these 13 days to be the best summer ever for the participants. Right now, the Week of the Arts is being held at SUSU, where we are speaking about our session.
– Why should people come to Tretyakovka?
– Everyone should come to Tretyakovka to truly and mutually fall in love with everyone and everything around you, gain a dose of creative energy and inspiration for the coming academic year, acquire new skills, learn things you have never done before, feel what #artwithoutborders is, and become “infected” by creativity once and for all.