On October 25th and 26th, the 2nd International Scientific Conference “The 21st Century University in the System of Continuing Education” was held at SUSU, organized by the Institute of Continuing Education. Topics of discussion included the issues, tendencies, and prospects for developing continuing education, as well as the place and role of modern universities in this system.
Conference participants discussed the following:
- The place and role of universities in the system of continuing education;
- Continuing education for engineers. Engineers of the future;
- Continuing education for researchers;
- Pedagogical design. Realization of continuing professional education programs;
- Integration of online education in the continuing education system. Development of the MOOC system;
- Issues of improving specialist training for priority areas of the economy of municipalities and ways to solve them;
- The mechanism of private cluster state partnership in continuing education;
160 specialists from 5 countries (22 cities) took part in discussions on these issues (Russia, the Czech Republic, China, Kazakhstan, Great Britain), including 16 international guests.
Conference site: http://npk2016.susu.ru/