One of the leaders of Russian higher education – South Ural State University (SUSU) – is located at the border of Europe and Asia, in Chelyabinsk. Nowadays more than 400 Chinese students are successfully studying at SUSU. The most popular programs chosen by Chinese students are International Relations, Philology, Linguistics, Economics, Mechatronics and Robotics, Power Engineering.
A SUSU student from China Wang Yuying (王玉莹) got her Master’s degree at the Institute of Linguistics and International Communications. Now a PhD student combines work and study. Wang Yuying told us about her impressions of Russia and Chelyabinsk.
- What are impressions from Russia, Chelyabinsk, and SUSU?
- I like Russian people and their way of life. They are very sincere and kind. This is my third year here. I have a lot of Russian friends, we often go out, talk, go to the theater, walk in the park. We frequently observe wonderful sunrises and sunsets; they look different every day. I constantly take pictures and have a vast gallery of beautiful photos. If I tell about my studies, I would first of all thank the faculty and university staff of SUSU. They’ve helped me so much! Even if their working hours are over, they are online answering my questions and giving advice.
- Why have you decided to combine work and study?
- Of course, it is not easy to work and study, but getting experience is very important to me. Under the influence of my professors and friends I want to become a professor at the university. They teach me a lot and they help me, and I want to help students in the future. Fortunately, SUSU offered me this chance - they needed a teacher of Chinese and I needed some work experience. So I immediately decided to start working at the Department of Linguistics and Translation Studies.
- Tell some words about your job.
- As a teacher I create a more practical language atmosphere and help my students improve their Chinese language skills in terms of pronunciation, speaking and listening comprehension. At the same time, as a native speaker, I help Russian students to understand China and Chinese culture better.
- Why did you choose this field of study?
- When I was at university, my major was Russian language. At that time, I studied at the university in Heihe, as the language program in this border city between China and Russia was at a very high level. After graduating, I came to Chelyabinsk and got my Master’s Degree at South Ural State University. Two years of studying made me realize the charm of language and culture, as well as its importance, so I chose to continue my studies in this field.
- What are your interests in science now?
- I study Russian and Chinese food culture from the point of view of language culture. Food is a huge part of any country’s traditions and culture. Studying and understanding a country’s food culture can help people avoid conflict and enhance mutual understanding.
- What are the scientific advantages of SUSU?
- The main thing is the professor staff with extensive teaching experience who help students carry out scientific experiments. Also modern equipment ensures the progress of students' scientific activities. With the help of it students become good researchers.
- What do you do in your spare time?
- I do sports in my spare time. I like to run - it is good for my health, it helps me organize my thoughts, helps to live and learn more effectively. Another my hobby is reading. Books assist in seeing the world from different points of view and constantly improve my knowledge.
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling +7 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on VK.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official Telegram Channel of South Ural State University you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Whats App, Telegram: +7 (902) 607 99 64
Tel.: +7 (351) 272 30 86