Arturo de Jesus Moreno Beltran
Foundation Studies in Business Trade
“Here, I feel at home”
– Why did you decide to apply to Russia?
– I am a big fan of Russian culture, the language and the people. I love the Soviet cartoons. I’ve applied for a scholarship to come here. I know that Russian language is very difficult; it is my personal challenge I’m happy to meet. Studying in Russia and Russian universities are highly popular in Mexico.
– How did you get into SUSU?
– To be honest, I didn’t know I’d end up studying at SUSU. I was crazy about it! I started searching for the information about the city, the student conditions, the University. Now I know that Chelyabinsk is an industrial city; it has many plants and everything. It is very cold as well. For me it’s fine and I’m happy here.
– What do you think about the overall experience?
– I’m very happy at SUSU because they make me feel at home. The first day I came here, I met some great and welcoming people. All the staff are awesome and I love them. They are very helpful, they are willing to help anytime, anytime when I have a problem, they help immediately; very fast response.
– Is the local area nice?
– I really love the city. You have everything here: snow, beautiful places, many theatres and very nice nightlife as well, which I love. Everything is great here.
– Are there any surprises for international students at SUSU?
– I’ve had many surprises but in a good sense. The food is completely different from my country, but I’m getting used to it and it is delicious. First you look at it and it looks weird, but then you taste it and it is delicious and nice.
– What are your plans after graduation?
– Sadly, I’m here only for studying Russian language, which is only 6 months. I want to do my Master’s studies here, but I can’t, as the University doesn’t offer business informatics.
– What advice would you give to international students who are going to study at SUSU?
– If anyone is thinking about studying abroad, Russia is a very good option, because it has many high-quality universities, and SUSU is one of the best ones. I recommend it because I feel comfortable here and don’t complain about anything. Here, you won’t feel like a stranger, you’ll feel at home. Here, you’ll be happy and have many friends.