Major: 10.02.20 Comparative, Historial, Typological, and Contrastive Language Studies
Level: Postgraduate studies
Duration of training: 3 years / 4 years
Degree certificate: Diploma
Mode of study: Full time / part time
Language of study: Russian
- Olga Turbina, Doctor of Sciences (Philology), Professor, +7(351)267-91-36, turbinaoa[at]susu[dot]ru
- Olga Solopova, Doctor of Sciences (Philology), Associate Professor, +7(351)267-98-45, solopovaoa[at]susu[dot]ru
Description of the educational programme
The graduates will be able to fulfil their potential in the field of research and teaching in the field of philology and linguistics, as well as in related fields of humanitarian knowledge. The resulting classical education in the humanities will allow the graduates to easily adapt to new activities while creatively using the acquired competencies.
During postgraduate studies, students will fully master the competencies of scientific, critical, and creative thinking, applied skills and abilities: they will be able to compare and theoretically substantiate the facts of different languages, conduct research in the field of translation and translation studies; master modern methods of collecting linguistic data (including experimental data), their theoretical, linguistic, instrumental, and statistical analysis, and apply these data to solve problems in the field of linguistic typology and comparative studies. The students will participate in scientific and practical conferences and grant research; prepare their dissertation research for defence; will be able to plan their professional career; and learn to work in a team of Russian and international researchers.
Field of future profession
- Institutions of higher education in Russia and abroad;
- Research institutions and centres.
SUSU Main Building, 76 Lenin Prospekt, Chelyabinsk 454080
- Director’s Office of the Institute of Linguistics and International Communications: Room 158, tel.: +7(351)272-32-42, +7(351)272-32-22
- Student Office of the Institute of Linguistics and International Communications: Room 154, tel.: +7(351)267-91-31
- Department of Linguistics and Translation: Room 466, tel.: +7(351)267-98-45