Major: Biotechnology of Food and Biological Active Substances
Duration of training: 3 years / 4 years
Degree certificate: Education certificate, Qualification of the Researcher
Mode of study: Full time / part time
Language of study: Russian
Program Manager: Irina Potoroko, D.Sc., Associate Professor
Tel.: +7 (351) 267‑93-80, +7 (351) 272-31-83, e-mail: potorokoii[at]susu[dot]ru
Description of the program:
The programme is aimed at developing solutions to problems in the field of processes of biotechnological transformation of food raw materials and food systems, improving existing technologies and technical means and creating new ones for the production of food products and biologically active substances.
Goal of the programme is to train graduates with fundamental knowledge and practical skills in food biotechnology, possessing universal, general professional and professional competencies of a researcher and teacher, and prepared to defend a scientific qualification work (dissertation) for the degree of candidate of sciences.
Types of professional activities:
- research activities in the field of food biotechnology and biologically active substances;
- teaching activities on educational programmes of higher education.
Fields of research:
- theoretical and methodological foundations of biotechnology of food products and biologically active substances;
- development of new processes, technologies and equipment for the production of biologically safe food products with specified quality characteristics;
- development of scientific foundations and improvement of technology and equipment for the production of environmentally friendly concentrates of biologically active substances;
- development of new approaches in the field of deep processing of raw materials to minimize food losses and ensure sustainable food systems;
- solving complex problems in the field of technologies for producing biologically active substances by methods of biotechnology and extraction.
- implementing biotechnological processes of the production of food products and biologically active substances in accordance with the legislative and regulatory national and international acts;
- developing scientific and technical documentation and technological regulations for the production of biotechnological products and biologically active substances;
- solving complex problems aimed at ensuring the rational use of natural raw materials and the creation of sustainable food systems;
- developing scientific foundations, creating and implementing energy- and resource-saving, environmentally friendly biotechnologies in the field of production of food products and biologically active substances;
- developing bioconversion methods for industrial waste and secondary raw materials processing;
- pedagogical activities in institutions of the system of higher and secondary vocational education.