Level: Postgraduate studies
Duration of training: 3 years
Degree certificate: Postgraduate studies certification
Mode of study: Full time
Language of study: Russian
Irina Potoroko, DSc (Engineering), Professor
Field of Research: Innovative Technologies of Food Production; Use of Sonochemistry Effects in Food Production; Study of Electrophysical Influences in Food Production and Detoxification of Food Products
Теl.: + 7 (351) 267-93-80, e-mail: potorokoip[at]susu[dot]ru
Graduates are ready to fulfil scientific and teaching activities in institutions of higher education; supervise the research, project-based, educational-and-professional, and other types of activities of students being trained in the programmes of higher and continuing professional education, including the preparation of qualifying diploma papers; render professional support to specialists participating in the fulfilment of the supervised academic disciplines, courses, disciplines and organization of the research, project-based and other types of activities of students being trained in the programmes of higher and continuing education.
This programme aims at developing solutions to problems in the field of the processes of biotechnological transformation of food raw materials and food systems, improving the existing technologies and technical means, and creating new ones for the purposes of production of food and biologically active substances.
The goal of this programme is providing students with fundamental knowledge and practical skills in the field of food biotechnology, as well as with multi-purpose general professional and profession-specific competences of a researcher and teacher, who will be ready to defend their qualifying research paper (dissertation) to obtain the degree of a Candidate of Sciences.
- research activity in the field of food biotechnology and biologically active substances;
- teaching the academic programmes of higher education.
Areas of research:
- theoretical and methodological fundamentals of the biotechnology of food and biologically active substances;
- development of new processes, technologies and equipment for the production of biologically safe food with targeted quality properties;
- formulation of scientific fundamentals and improvement of the technology and equipment for the production of organic concentrates of biologically active substances;
- elaboration of new approaches in the field of deep processing of raw materials in order to minimize food losses and ensure the sustainability of food systems;
- solving of multifaceted issues in the field of the technologies of obtaining biologically active substances using the methods of biotechnology and extraction.
- implementation of biotechnological processes of production of food and biologically active substances in compliance with the national and international legislative acts and regulations;
- development of scientific and technical documentation and technical specifications for the production of biotechnological food and biologically active substances;
- solving of multifaceted issues in order to ensure rational use of natural raw materials and create sustainable food systems;
- formulation of scientific fundamentals, creation and implementation of energy- and resource-saving, green biotechnologies in the field of production of food and biologically active substances;
- elaboration of the methods of bioconversion for recycling of industrial waste and secondary raw materials;
- teaching in institutions of secondary vocational education and higher education.