Major: Complex Usage of Water Resources
Level: Master’s degree
Duration of training: 2 years
Degree certificate: Master’s degree
Mode of study: Full time
Language of study: Russian
Programme manager: Vyacheslav Avdin, +7(351)267-95-17, avdinvv[at]susu[dot]ru
Description of the educational programme
The aim of the program is to train highly qualified specialists in the field of energy efficiency and resource conservation, who possess sufficient skills to work for high-tech enterprises, as well as for continuing research in any part of the world.
- formation of competences in the field of energy and resource saving and environmental design;
- formation of knowledge and skills in the field of solving modern problems of energy and resource saving;
- teaching information retrieval both in regulatory documents and in scientific journals;
- teaching how to solve non-standard problems of energy and resource conservation, requiring the application of a scientific approach.
The area of professional activity: design in the field of energy and resource conservation, research, environmental marketing, consulting, environmental-economic, environmental-legal, training activities.
Objects of professional activity: processes and devices in chemical technology, petrochemistry and biotechnology; industrial plants and technological schemes, including automated control systems; automated research systems and computer-aided design systems; facilities for sewage treatment and gas emissions, waste treatment, utilization of heat and energy flows and secondary materials; methods and tools for assessing the state of the environment and protecting it from human impact; artificial intelligence systems in chemical technology, petrochemistry and biotechnology; multi-assortment production of chemical and related industries.
Types of professional activity:
- production and technology;
- organizational and managerial.
- International internships during studies with the opportunity to participate in double degree programs (two degrees - SUSU and a foreign university). Participation in conferences on a national and international level with oral presentations on the topic of the master's thesis.
- Undergraduates study for free at the Lingua courses, which involve teaching both written and spoken common English.
- Specialists in this field of study are in demand both in design and control organizations, and in enterprises of the real sector of the economy (metallurgical, machine-building, oil and gas processing and transporting, pharmaceutical enterprises), as well as in scientific organizations.
- Mastering modern world research technologies. Undergraduates in the performance of dissertations actively use the equipment of world-class scientific and educational center Nanotechnology.
- Teaching is conducted in the second half of the day, which makes it possible to study full-time in the magistracy without separation from the main work.
Production enterprises and scientific organizations of various regions of Russia and the world, in particular:
OAO Gazpromtrans, ROSATOM, OAO Lukoil, OAO Chelyabinsk Zinc Plant, OAO Energroprom – Chelyabinsky Elektrodny Zavod, OAO Mechel, OAO Mechel-Koks, OAO Chemk, Magnezit Group, ChelPipe, Chelyabinsk Tractor Plant – URALTRAC Limited, Rosprirodnadzor, Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation, Ministry of Ecology of the Russian Federation, Chelyabinsk Center for Hydrometeorology and Environmental Monitoring; design, survey and research institutes: OOO YuzhuralPKB, OOO Eko-Proekt, Ecosolutions, OOO NII BTMET and etc.
- Major industrial partners:
- Magnitogorsk Iron & Steel Works,
- OOO IT-Service,
- Materia Medica,
- OAO MMZ,
- OAO Fort Tehnologii,
- FGUP Zavod Plastmass,
- OAO Lafarge Cement,
- Ural Engineering Center,
- PAO Konar,
- OAO Vostochno-Sibirskiy kombinat stroitelynikh materialov,
- ZAO Metran group,
- The South Urals Chamber of Commerce and Industry,
- OOO Akva.
Major scientific partners:
- Institutes under the Russian Academy of Sciences
- N. D. Zelinsky Institute of Organic Chemistry Russian Academy of Sciences,
- Institute of Petrochemistry and Catalysis,
- Sobolev Institute of Geology and Mineralogy,
- Institute of Solid State Chemistry UB RAS,
- Komi Science Center UB RAS Institute of Chemistry.
- Russian Universities
- Moscow Institute of Physics and Technology,
- Moscow State University,
- Dmitry Mendeleev University of Chemical Technology of Russia,
- ITMO University.
- Foreign Universities
- University of Central Florida (USA),
- Lappeenranta University of Technology (Finland),
- St. Andrews University (UK, Scotland),
- University College London (UK, England),
- University of Cyprus (Cyprus),
- University of Oviedo (Spain),
- University of Palermo (Italy).
Undergraduates participate in research work carried commissioned by industrial enterprises or scientific foundations on the following topics:
- New nanostructured catalysts for resource-saving technologies.
- Development of methods for determining the composition of deposits and corrosion products of structural materials of petrochemical production.
- Determination of the effectiveness of the implementation of environmental measures to reduce the impact of polluted runoff from the watershed of rivers on the water quality of reservoirs.
- Testing of samples of powders of drugs and their preformed forms using the DSC method and the method of X-ray phase analysis.
- Development of technology and experimental installation of advanced water treatment to remove phenols and cyanides, without the use of chemical reagents.