Under Project 5-100, South Ural State University is working on attracting skilful young scientists with international experience.
The project is led by Tatiana Subbotina, head of International Research Collaboration at SUSU and aimed at attracting young scientists from all over the world. To achieve that, the university has developed a comprehensive roadmap and set up a project team responsible for finding the right candidates.
Appointing young scientists as postdoctoral fellows who follow a career in academia or research is commonplace all around the world. Postdoctoral fellows play an essential role in any university; they significantly contribute to the development of research and education and share unique experience and new techniques.
The University Council evaluates all postdoctoral applications based on the following criteria:
- candidate’s academic qualifications, publication list, and personal skill requirements;
- matching the candidate’s research interest with the work of the university project teams.
South Ural State University can appoint young researchers as postdoctoral fellows for a maximum period of two years.
Under Project 5-100, SUSU welcomed 7 postdocs in 2017:
- Aleksei Trukhanov, Ph.D. (Belarus) - Fellow at Nanotechnology Research and Education Centre (SUSU);
- Elena Korina, Ph.D. (Ukraine);
- Sakthi Dharan, Ph.D. (India) - Fellow at Nanotechnology Research and Education Centre (SUSU);
- Yurii Kapeliushin, Ph.D. (Russia) - Department of Pyrometallurgical Processes (SUSU);
- Vadim Popov, Ph.D. (Russia) - Fellow at Nanotechnology Research and Education Centre (SUSU);
- Gennadii Makarov, Ph.D. (Russia) - Fellow at the Multiscale Modelling of Polyfunctional Compounds International Laboratory (SUSU);
- Anastasia Sobolkina, Ph.D. (Russia) - Department of Building Materials (SUSU)
The postdoc competition is currently ongoing. The university is looking for talented and motivated candidates who wish to take part in pioneering research and grow professionally.
06.09.2018 SUSU Creates Electron Shields for Protection against Electromagnetic Radiation
09.06.2018 Chemistry of the Future for Electronics: a PhD from India Develops Carbon-based Materials of the New Generation at SUSU
29.05.2018 Imitating Nature: SUSU’s Postdocs Simulate Biomineralization Process in Laboratory Conditions
21.05.2018 Second Wave of the Postdoc Contest of Human Resources Support for Research Started at SUSU