Major: 13.00.08 Theory and Methods of Professional Education
Level: Postgraduate studies
Duration of training: 3 years / 4 years
Degree certificate: Diploma
Mode of study: Full time / part time
Language of study: Russian
- Irina Kotliarova, Doctor of Sciences (Pedagogy), Professor, kotliarovaio[at]susu[dot]ru;
- Gennadiy Serikov, Doctor of Sciences (Pedagogy), Professor, serikovgn[at]susu[dot]ru.
Description of the educational programme
The goals of the postgraduate training are:
- in-depth study of the methodological and theoretical foundations of pedagogical research;
- forming of the competences of independent research-and-development and scientific-and-pedagogical activity;
- improving the level of knowledge of foreign language aimed at professional activity in the field of education;
- mastering the competences in pedagogical activity.
The postgraduates are trained for:
- independent (including as a supervisor) research-and-development activity, which requires broad and fundamental training in modern trends of development of education and pedagogy, and being in command of the skills of modern methods of research;
- scientific-and-pedagogical work in organisations of professional and higher education of various forms of incorporation, as well as in organisations of education management.
On a regular basis the postgraduate students take the courses on writing papers and participate in scientific seminars. Every week individual consultations are held. During their training the postgraduate students can attend conferences (including the international ones) and take internship abroad.
Field of future profession
This programme's graduates conduct the activities, which require in-depth fundamental and professional training in solving research-and-development and scientific-and-practical tasks in the field of education and pedagogy; participate in organizing, holding, and providing information and methodological support of experimental research in education and related sciences; develop relevant regulatory and methodological documents, including those on the issues of improving the quality of professional basic and supplementary education; participate in implementing the research results, in the work of seminars, science-to-practice, training-and-methodological, and other conferences and symposiums.
Room 526, University Building No.3А