South Ural State University
Office 353, Main University Building
76, Prospect Lenina
Tel.: +7 351 272 30 74, +7 351 272 30 86
- Expert assessment (recognition) of foreign education and/or qualification, foreign degrees and/or titles;
- Consulting on the issues of recognition/legalization of foreign and Russian education; and
- Facilitating the University’s graduates in the issues of recognition/legalization of Russian academic certificates.
Recognition is an official acknowledgement of a foreign education and (or) qualification with granting its owner the right for enrolling for further education, as well as for professional activity within the University.
List of documents required for recognition of a foreign education and (or) qualification*:
- Original copy of a document on foreign education and/or qualification and a transcript to it, duly verified (to learn about the procedure of legalization of documents on foreign education, see “Legalization” Section below); and
- Applicant’s identification document (passport).
* The Degree Recognition reserves the right to, if necessary, request additional documents confirming the relevant level of training of a foreign education holder.
Important! All foreign language documents shall be provided with notarized translations into Russian (to learn about the procedure of translating documents on foreign education, see “Documents’ Translation” Section below). In case a document on education is in two languages, one of which is Russian, notarized translation is not required. In particular, this concerns the graduates of the education institutions of the Republic of Kazakhstan and the Republic of Tajikistan.
Expert assessment takes 3 (three) to 30 (thirty) days not taking into account the time required for obtaining replies for the inquiries on the documents of education made to foreign educational organizations. An Expert Conclusion is issued upon the results of the assessment.
The Degree Recognition also facilitates in collecting the package of documents required for performing the recognition procedure via FSBSI “Glaveksperttsentr” (Main State Center for Education Recognition).
Documents on foreign education and identification documents (passport) may be translated into Russian either on the territory of the Russian Federation, or in the Applicant’s country of residence/stay.
All translations shall be verified:
a) by notary in the country of residence/stay or on the territory of the Russian Federation (in case documents were translated in the country of residence/stay, and there is a Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty with the country of residence/stay)*; and
b) by a stamp of the Consular Division of the Russian Federation/Russian Federation Consulate (in case documents were translated in the country of residence/stay, and there is no Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty with the country of residence/stay).
* Russian Federation has signed Mutual Legal Assistance Treaties with the following countries: the Azerbaijani Republic, Republic of Armenia, Republic of Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Kazakhstan, Kyrgyz Republic, Republic of Moldova, Turkmenistan, Republic of Tajikistan, Republic of Uzbekistan, Ukraine.
Translations of documents on foreign education or identification documents (passport) executed on the Russian Federation territory shall be notarized, that is verified by an authorized person (notary). It is mandatory that a translation shall be bound to the original copy of the document, its duplicate or notarized copy.
Important! The Degree Recognition strongly recommends that all documents on foreign education are to be translated into Russian on the territory of the Russian Federation.
In Chelyabinsk you may translate your documents into Russian at the following organizations:
- The South Urals Chamber of Commerce and Industry, Office 605, 56 Soni Krivoi Str., Chelyabinsk (translations from all languages); and
- Center of Documents and Special Translations, Room 166 of the SUSU Main Building, 76 Lenin Prospect, Chelyabinsk.
Verification of translations by notary may be obtained at the following organizations of Chelyabinsk:
- Notary Y. V. Uskov, Office 105, 73 Sony Krivoy Str., Chelyabinsk; and
- Notary I. Yu. Petrova, Office 418, 2 Entuziastov Str., Chelyabinsk.
Legalization means attributing legal validity to documents issued on the territory of one country to make it possible to submit them on the territory of a different country.
There two ways of legalizing a document on foreign education:
1. Consular legalization – for countries non-members of the Hague Apostille Convention, or for countries which have not signed the Mutual Legal Assistance Treaty with the Russian Federation*
Consular legalization is performed in 2 stages:
- Verification of a document (its original copy, as a rule) by the competent foreign affairs authority of the country where this document was issued by means of stamping or sealing the document and signing by the verifying person with the indication of his or her position; and
- Verification by the Russian Federation consular service (Consulate or the Russian Federation Diplomatic Mission) in the country where this document was issued by means of stamping or sealing the document and signing by the verifying person with the indication of his or her position.
2. Apostille verification (stamping with Apostille) – for countries being members of the Hague Apostille Convention*
Stamping with Aprostille is a simplified legalization procedure. Aposille is stamped on the original document copy or on a separate sheet of paper bound to the original copy, and may feature the official language of the issuing authority. Apostille shall be stamped by a competent authorized body of the country where the document was issued (Secretary of State, Department of Education, Ministry of Education, educational institutions, etc.).
Important! Apostille is not a separate document, it is only a part of the document being verified. Each issued Apostille is attributed its unique registration number. It is prohibited by the Hague Apostille Convention to make any amendments to the Apostille text, or change order of lines in the stamp. Issue of an Apostille by way of the stamp’s photocopying is not allowed.