Doctor of Sciences (Philology), Professor
Faculty of Linguistics was founded in 1997. At present, the Faculty has four departments and three centers of further education. The academic staff comprises six Doctors of Sciences and 36 Candidates of Sciences. The faculty has numerous facilities for study including five multimedia classrooms equipped with audio-visual equipment and projectors; class for simultaneous translation training and three language laboratories. All these ensure the preparation of highly qualified specialists who speak foreign languages, are able and willing to use the useful knowledge and skills in intercultural communication, translation, research and educational activity.
- 45.05.01 – «Translation Theory and Practice».
- 45.03.03 – «Fundamental and Applied LInguistics».
- 45.03.02 – «LInguistics».
- 45.04.01 – «Philology».
The research projects of the Faculty of Linguistics cover the following areas:
- General linguistics. These projects include research in psychosystematics, theoretical and contrastive linguistics, comparative linguistics, psycholinguistics, sociolinguistics, onflictology.
- Linguistics and crosscultural communication. These projects include research on multimedia encyclopedic dictionaries compiling techniques, associative linguistic dictionaries, scientific discourse, cross-cultural communication.
- Applied linguistics. These projects include research on language for special purposes, teaching foreign language as an efficient professional competence, Russian as a foreign language.
- Computational linguistics. These projects include research on humancomputer interaction and machine translation.
Address: 454080, Chelyabinsk, Lenin ave. 76, room 466
Tel/Fax: +7 (351) 267-98-45
Dr . Tamara Khomutova
Dr . Olga Veingard