Major: Digitalization in Architecture and Construction
Level: Master’s degree programme
Duration of training: 2 years
Degree certificate: Diploma
Mode of study: full-time
Language of study: English
Tuition fee for year 2022-2023: 186 100 rubles (per year)
Programme manager: Valentin Olenkov, Doctor of Sciences (Engineering), Professor
Tel.: 8 902 898 40 44, e-mail: olenkovvd[at]susu[dot]ru
Description of the educational programme:
Digital technologies are significantly applied in architecture and construction in recent years, resulting in an increasing demand for digital specialists in the profession. MSc DAC program focuses on the knowledge, methodologies and reasoning behind digital technologies, preparing students to adapt to any existing or emerging software and technology in the industry, as it is clear that the industry future will be digitally enhanced.
Who is this program designed for?
There is a global demand for high-calibre professionals with the skills in digital technologies in BIM environment that this program will provide. This program focuses on digital technological needs of the various stakeholders, and is aimed at graduates in a range of built environment disciplines, including architecture, architectural technology, interior design, construction, surveying and civil engineering, as a new generation of versatile and highly skilled graduates within a competitive job market. This will enable students to develop an in-depth and integrated understanding of digital technologies in BIM environment applicable to their working practice and discipline area.
The course will cover:
- Digital Approaches to the Systematic Integration of Architecture, Construction Management and Materials Technology and Processes.
- Relationships between Digital Theory and Practice.
- Professional, Digital and Technical Opportunities and Constraints.
- Advanced Digital Communication Techniques Applied to a Range of Projects.
- Industry 4.0 Digital Technologies (7d bim, rfid, blockchain, drones, 3d printing, ai, iot, augmented and virtual reality)
- Computational Design, Parametric Modelling, Building Performance Analysis and Sustainability.
- BIM coordinator / manager / consultant / designer in architecture and construction
- Digital engineer / Digital technologist / Digital technology manager / Digital information strategist
- C-Suite members: CTO – Chief Technology Officers, CDO – Chief Digital Officers, CITO – Chief Information Technology Officers in the leading architectural and civil engineering companies