South Ural State University is the most famous university in South Ural and no wonder international students choose it to get their education. It offers various programs including International Relations, Philology, Linguistics, Economics, Mechatronics and Robotics, Power Engineering and many others. Also a student can choose a Bachelor’s or Master’s program taught in English. The university is multinational and nowadays is a home for more than 2,500 international students from 58 countries.
Khodary Mohanad Magdy Mohammed, a SUSU student from Egypt getting his Master’s degree at School of Economics and Management, shares his impressions on living and studying in Chelyabinsk.
- What do you like about Chelyabinsk and SUSU?
- Chelyabinsk is a small and quiet city and people in this city are very kind. They are ready to help others and always communicate with international students. Lots of information about customs and traditions of other countries I learnt from them. To my mind SUSU is one of the best universities in Russia. There are many majors that you can choose and many events you can participate in.
- Why did you decide to get your higher education in Russia?
- I consider Russian education outstanding and I am sure it will help me find a better job in future. Studying in Russia became my goal while I was getting my Bachelor’s degree in Egypt.
- How did you get into university? Tell us about your experience.
- When I was in Egypt, I found information about famous universities in Russia, especially those corresponding to my major. When I learnt about SUSU, I also started looking for information about life in Chelyabinsk. Then it turned out that one of my friends was studying here and later he helped me with all the documents necessary for applying to the university.
- What was the most surprising thing about education?
- University professors are very easy to communicate with, their way of explaining the material is simple. Also they take care of international students and always help us if we need it.
- Did you have any challenges when studying in another country?
- Actually lots of them. First of all, customs and traditions. They are always different in different countries and the visitors of the country should learn and respect them. The second challenge is to adapt to life in the country and to know the basic needs and aspects of life. The third challenge is, of course, the language. It is one of the greatest challenges that international students face when they decide to study in Russia, as without it you will not be able to communicate with people and to study.
- Does the university help you to integrate and to overcome difficulties?
- The staff of the university do their best to solve various problems that we, international students, face in our studies or in our lives.
- How did the Centre for Sociocultural Adaptation and the Association of International Students and Alumni help you?
- CSA and AISA help with any problem you can have while studying and living here. CSA organises classes for studying and practising Russian language. Every week I visit a Russian-language speaking club. We speak Russian with each other and volunteers of the Center. It is easy to find friends from different countries and learn facts about other cultures.
- Why do you think universities invite international students?
- In my opinion, universities wish to benefit from the experience of international students as there is a struggle for the quality of students. Research has shown that about a third of the world’s 6 million mobile students are the future intellectual and technological elite. They are most important for universities and national economies.
- What do you wish your compatriots who are now choosing a university?
- I advise them to choose SUSU if they want to get an excellent education in the fields of engineering and economics.
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling 8 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on Facebook.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official group of South Ural State University on Facebook you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Tel.: 8 (351) 272 30 86