South Ural State University is one of the leading Russian multidisciplinary universities with the fundamental scientific basis and high standards of specialist training. The university is multinational and nowadays is a home for more than 2,500 international students from 58 countries.
Farrukhdzhon Zafar ugli Nurboev, a SUSU student from Uzbekistan, studies at the Institute of Engineering and Technology in Power Engineering. He agrees to share his impressions about South Ural State University.
- Why did you decide to come to Russia?
- I heard that education in Russia is very good. So I tried to look for information about Russian universities and found that the Russian education system stimulates innovation and leading Russian universities have a number of advantages, possessing their own scientific schools with enormous resources and professors to help students carry out research in various fields.
- What influenced your choice of university?
- My interest in the profession is the main thing, as I became interested in technology from my childhood. I dream of becoming a professional in my field of science.
- How did your parents react when they learnt you were going to study in another country?
- From the very beginning they didn’t allow me. I spent lots of time telling them about the advantages of getting education in Russia. Also they heard about SUSU and agreed at last to let me study in Chelyabinsk.
- What do you like most about the university?
- Lots of things - classes, teachers, living in the dormitory, many international students. The atmosphere is cool and inspiring.
- If you have any free time what do you usually do?
- Most of all I like to do sports, especially sambo. It helps me take my mind off studying and relax. And of course reading is an essential part of my life. I sometimes go to SUSU Library and take interesting books. When I am on holidays my friends and I visit different Russian cities.
- Did anyone help you to fill in the documents?
- I know that to help international students get used to the peculiarities of life in Russia there are the International Student Tutoring Team, Center for Sociocultural Adaptation and Association of International Students and Alumni at SUSU. Tutors meet the applicants , check them into the dormitories, submit documents to the admissions office, and get to know the city. But I could do everything connected with my documents by myself.
- Do you like Russian winter?
- It is really no problem for me as in Uzbekistan we also have winter and sometimes it is quite cold. I even see the snow at home!
- Have you decided yet where you’d like to work after graduation?
- I am not sure about the exact name of a company, the thing I really want is to be a good specialist in my field.
Is it possible to pursue science at the university?
- To my mind at South Ural State university a student has every opportunity to develop his scientific and creative potential. If you are determined and hard-working, you will get everything you want.
- Can you give any advice to young people who are choosing a university now?
- I wish my compatriots to choose South Ural State University because here they will get quality education and precious student experience. It’s wonderful here!
Let us remind that foreign citizens who have some questions connected to visa procedures can learn all the details regarding the documents by calling 8 (351) 267 93 30 or asking a question on Facebook.
If you want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU in English you may read about English-taught programs by clicking the link.
In the official group of South Ural State University on Facebook you may read the last news of the university or ask your questions.
Or just contact us:
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Tel.: 8 (351) 272 30 86