South Ural State University is the most famous university in South Ural and no wonder international students choose it to get their education. It offers various programs including International Relations, Philology, Linguistics, Economics, Mechatronics and Robotics, Power Engineering and many others. Also a student can choose a Bachelor’s or Master’s program taught in English.
What are the prospects of Russian education? How do students adapt to the life in another country? We ask Rony Jamil El Rai, a student from Lebanon, who is studying Russian in the foundation program and next year he will become a student of the Institute of Sport, Tourism and Service majoring in Hospitality.
– What was the main reason to choose studying in Russia?
– I learnt about the opportunity to study in Russia free of charge within the quota allocated by the Government on the site of Rossotrudnichestvo. To my mind, Russian education is one of the best in the world and if you get your diploma here you will become a highly-qualified specialist.
– Why do you like Russia and Chelyabinsk?
– Russia impressed me with its ancient history and I am very glad about my experience of spending my student years in this great country. Chelyabinsk is very quiet and beautiful city, there are large woodlands, many parks where you can relax from the urban fuss, though the weather can often surprise you with heavy rain in summer and severe frost in winter.
– What are your impressions about South Ural State University?
– This is the university with high quality of education and professional approach to the students life organization. The fact that every year many students entrust their education to this particular university deserves respect.
– Are there any favourite subjects?
– During my training courses I enjoyed studying Russian History the most. I learnt so much about different events that happened in your country and maybe now I understand Russian people better.
– What was your greatest challenge about living in Russia?
– It was quite difficult to get used to Russian mentality, you keep to yourself more than Lebanese people do.
– Did you get any help from your compatriots having arrived to Chelyabinsk earlier than you?
– Actually I am the only student from Lebanon at SUSU, but I hope there will be more of us in the future. I will be very happy to help all newcomers.
– How did you overcome all the issues with documents and living in another country?
– SUSU Association of International Students helped me a lot. The members of AIS explained all the rules and procedures connected with the necessary paperwork. Also this is a great opportunity to make new friends. Now I’m a member of the Association and I am always ready to help.
– What are your plans for the future?
– I hope to graduate from SUSU and I would like to get working experience in Russia.
– Why do many universities try to attract international students for studying?
– Universities invite international students to demonstrate a high level of education at a relatively low cost. It’s a kind of a stroke of policy to show the real Russia, so to speak from the inside.
– What would you wish your compatriots who are choosing a university now?
– I would advise them not to be afraid of cold weather, strong winds, low temperature. Enter South Ural State University as studying and life here is fun - you can always find something to do.
Let us remind that foreign citizens who want to get a prestigious degree at SUSU can learn all the details regarding the procedure of admissions via the portal for university applicants by clicking the link.
International Student Support at the SUSU International Office
Tel.: 8 (351) 272 30 86