01.04.02 Applied Mathematics and Computer Science (Mathematical and Informational Support of Economic Affairs)
The Name of the discipline: Applied Mathematics and Computer Science
Program: Mathematical and informational support of economic affairs
Educational Level: Master’s degree
Program length: 2.5 years
Certificate of education, degree or qualification: diploma, master’s degree
Mode of study: part-time
Language of instruction: Russian
Full name of the coordinator, telephone and e-mail: Sofia Zagrebina,
+7 (351) 267-90-48, agrebinasa[at]susu[dot]ru
Features of the main educational program: the requirements of the regional labor market, the state and prospects of development of regional industries are taken into account. The competencies acquired by graduates are formulated in accordance with the requirements of international professional communities.
The core of the program:
- mathematical methods for analyzing economic and socio-economic processes;
- economic and mathematical models and methods;
- fundamentals of prediction theory and decision making;
- computer processing of economic information.
In the course of the program, students are engaged in research and development of mathematical models, algorithms, methods, software, tools, research of mathematical methods for modelling information and simulation models of various processes, work on the ongoing research projects conducted by the department.
The fundamental complex of knowledge in the fields of mathematics, economics, statistics and computer technologies will help graduates of the program to start a successful career in accounting, economics, financial management, econometrics and modern information technologies.
Graduate will have all the necessary knowledge to work:
- in banks, insurance and investment companies, in financial services of enterprises of various forms of ownership;
- in administrations, offices, brokerage companies, advertising and marketing campaigns, analytical services of enterprises and firms of various forms of ownership;
- in organizations engaged in economic, monetary and credit, financial and tourism activities at the regional and international levels;
- academic and educational institutions.