45.05.01 Translation and Translations Studies
Program length: Full time— 5 years
Education certificate / Academic degree: Specialist’s degree, linguist
Field of professional activity
Intercultural communication in the areas of inter-State relations, ensuring the defense and security of the state, law and order.
Objects of professional activity
- information transmitted in the process of intercultural communication;
- foreign languages and cultures;
- theory of foreign languages and translation;
- methods, means, types and techniques of intercultural communication in the areas of inter-State relations, ensuring the defense and security of the state, law and order;
- information, analytical, editorial and organizational activities in the field of translation.
Types of professional activity
- Organization and Communication
- Research and Development
Professional activity’s tasks
Organization and Communication:
- written and oral consecutive translation;
- translation editing;
- finalization of relevant documentation regarding the results of the work performed;
Research and Development:
- study and critical analysis of research materials in the field of linguistics, intercultural communication, translation studies and international relations with the use of modern methods of processing research results;
- conducting independent research in the field of linguistics, intercultural communication, translation studies and international relations in order to increase their general professional level, to use the results of research in practice and in preparation for continuing education;
- conducting ongoing information retrieval work in order to expand the list of translational correspondences, enrich personal translator thesaurus, study special terminology in various fields and form the necessary background knowledge.
Our graduates work in:
- Industrial Group Metran CJSC;
- Chelyabinsk brewery;
- Chelyabinsk Zinc Plant PJSC;
- Strommashina Corp.;
- JSC NPO Electromashina;
- Hotels: Victoria, Meridian;
- Megapolis Entertainment Centre and etc.
Partners and partner programs:
- Partner universities: Lomonosov Moscow State University, the Maurice Thorez Institute of Foreign Languages, Herzen University, University of Tyumen, Tomsk Polytechnic University, Ural Federal University, Ural State Pedagogical University, Chelyabinsk State University, Chelyabinsk State Pedagogical University, Chemnitz University of Technology (Germany), Colgate University (USA) and etc.;
- Romualdo Del Bianco Foundation (Italy), ЕАМТ, EA;
- Industrial Group Metran CJSC, Shadrinsk Auto Aggregate Plant, ZAO UralSpecMash, Committee for Foreign Economic Relations of the Chelyabinsk Oblast Government, Chelyabinsk Zinc Plant PJSC and etc.